We are seeking an artist to work with us over the next several years as we develop our post-apocalyptic sci-fi roleplaying game, Retroscape <link>. Our current book cover <link> is representative of the style we are trying to capture: a 1920’s art-deco aesthetic mixed with high-tech science fiction elements. I also encourage you to check out our Pinterest board <link> to see the styles of art we love.
Who are we:
- A tabletop gaming company running strong for about 10 years. We’re best known for Tephra: the Steampunk RPG.
- A small group of developers dedicated to making a fantastic tabletop roleplaying game.
- We have a concept artist on staff who specializes in pencil drawings and giving life to our ideas.
- We are easily accessible online and via email. We are eager to communicate ideas and work with your style. If you have an idea for how the art could be better than what we proposed, we’re excited to hear it.
Who we’re looking for:
- A talented artist that is comfortable working via email or over a chat program (such as Facebook or Discord).
- Somebody who is excited to test out new ideas and enjoys designing weird technologies.
- A person who can develop a fairly realistic painted style but that also would be interested in developing monsters, scenery, weapons, robots, and more.
Our product requirements:
- Payment rendered via Paypal.
- Final products delivered in either PSD (with a transparent background layer) or as multiple files — with and without background layers, as needed. I regularly alter the colors and layout of art in order to fit our page layouts.
- Full color illustrations that can regularly be used in promotional materials or posters, which will generally require a minimum of 300 ppi.
- Bonus points if you’re interested in doing cheaper black and white concept illustrations or helping develop the Retroscape setting. We enjoy including our artists in the development process. We get excited when you get excited.
Applicants will be given special consideration if they are clear communicators and have portfolios that include both art deco / art nouveau elements and futuristic technologies. If you feel like you have specific limitations (ie: you’re not comfortable with human faces or you’re not comfortable with scenery), please let us know. The price point for each individual art request will be negotiable.
Please submit your application at Art@ParlorGaming.com
We look forward to hearing from you.