okay, since every now and then there came up specific questions and suggestions regarding the photo challenge, i thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where we can kind of collect everything.
so this is the place where you can post problems you have with the rules and suggestions to make the challenge better... or different.
besides all that i thought it would be good to give a small "history" of the challenge so that new members can have a look at the "making of" different rules.
so, this is "where it all began" (again, thanks to barret! ), the first photo challenge (with discussion about the basic rules)
and these are the rules the way they are at the moment:
1. Only one picture per contestant.
2. No previously used material.
3. The winner of the last poll will set the next topic; if the same person stands as the winner two times in a row, he or she must choose another user to present the next topic
4. Enhancements of the picture (hue/saturation and levels) are allowed, but a minimum of Brushing etc.(Photomanipulation is subjective to conceptart.org member votes, your photo will be dismissed if too manipulated).
5. No voting for your own picture.
6. The challenge starts Monday, poll opens Friday and closes Sunday. the winner starts a new post on the photo forum that is named"The Photo challenge - the chosen topic".
7. The poll shall be opened Friday evening.
8. In the event of a tie in the polls, the person who created the challenge casts the tie breaking vote.
9. The winner has until 18:00/6:00 pm (GMT +2) Monday, after he or she has won to present the next topic, if the winner fails to do so. the topic will be presented by the 2nd place person on the poll