1st Playable Productions - 2D/3D Artist Recruitment
1st Playable Productions, LLC is an independent game development studio with a focus on handheld games for kids and the young at heart. Our mission is to synthesize entertainment and education to inspire kids, gamers, and game developers. We love finding ways to get more out of limited game platforms, and are licensed to develop for Nintendo Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, and Microsoft Xbox, as well as other embedded game platforms. 1st Playable is also heavily invested in social consciousness and community outreach, particularly in conjunction with educational organizations. We aim to focus our passion for development to create a new generation of handheld games for cutting edge platforms, partnered with licensors that share our energy and vision.
We are looking for a full-time on-site 2D and 3D artist to begin working on art for handheld games on the Nintendo Game Boy Advance and DS systems, as well as Xbox Live Arcade and Jakks Pacific in the near future. Responsibilities will include both creating original 2D art work for sprites and tile based levels, as well as creating textured low-poly 3D objects and level art for real-time 3D games.
● A fine arts or equivalent degree. Self-taught artists and students working towards their degree may also apply for part time, co-op, summer or internship positions.
● Strong drawing abilities
● Familiarity with 3D modeling, texturing, and rendering
● Advanced knowledge of 2D graphics software like Photoshop
● Some experience with 3DSMax and/or Maya
● Ability to both give and receive constructive criticism
● A willingness to learn new tools, techniques, animation styles, and skills
● Ability to work on a team, show self initiative, and resourcefulness.
● Enthusiasm for making great games for children!
● Professional game development experience
● Familiarity with animation to facilitate communication with dedicated animators
● Experience with Pro Motion
1st Playable Productions
1223 Peoples Ave
Troy, NY 12180
Note: This is a full-time on-site position and will require relocation to the Troy, NY area.