Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
Iron Realms Entertainment seeks lead artist for a self-published fantasy MMO targetting lower-end platforms. Successful candidate will work with a small, skilled team and will have the opportunity to accumulate ownership.
IRE is a small company with 8 consecutive years of growth. The right candidate for this position is a driven individual who is able to become a core part of our team.
** PLEASE NOTE: The ideal candidate must be an excellent concept art AND be proficient in typical modeling and animation packages (Max and Character Studio in particular). **
* Working with the Producer, cooperatively develop the Art Asset Bible, and aid in establishing a realistic and reliable task list and schedule for all art deliverables.
* Working with the Designer, produce the necessary range of illustrations to be turned to game models.
* Create and maintain a compelling artistic vision that works on a low-performance platform.
* Supervision and guidance of all artists on internal team or outsourced team.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of how all disciplines integrate within the project.
* Perform any other art tasks, as necessary, including some modeling, texturing, animating, and so on.
* Must understand hardware limitations and avoid unworkable ideas.
* Must have excellent concept illustration skills. This is a small project and the major character illustrations will be the candidate's responsibility.
* Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of game art - Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Animating, Concept Art, etc.
* Must have at least moderate proficiency in typical art development tools such as Max, Maya, Photoshop, Premiere, Character Studio, Etc.
* Able to "self-start" and drive the art team (both internal and/or outsourced) toward completion of milestones.
* Ability to juggle a range of art tasks while maintaining discipline in meeting milestones.
* Desire to work as part of a small team and become a key player in a new creative endeavor.
* Experience: 3+ years of professional experience as a senior or lead artist.
* Must be in the Bay Area or willing to relocate.
Contact matt (-at-) ironrealms (-dot-) com if interested. Please include sample black and white concept illustrations or a link to your concept illustrations online.