The Academic Health Center at University of Minnesota, Twin Cities campus at Minneapolis is establishing a health simulations learning facility. We are currently looking for a 3d artist to work on a surgical simulation virtual reality project. The successful candidate will be working on campus with state of the art computing resources.
* Proficiency with Maya 3d package.
* Excellent modeling skills with a knowledge of low polygon techniques.
* Realistic texturing capabilities; Knowledge of procedural shading and MEL a huge plus.
* Knowledge of Maya Paint
* Good sense of anatomy (we will be providing plenty of reference material but candidate should be able to translate scale and proportions well).
* Background in medical illustration a plus.
* Knowledge of image editing tools Photoshop, Paintpro
* Ability to work independently as well as take directions.
* Self-motivated, follows deadlines.
Compensation will be based on experience. This will be a contract job, but could translate into regular as we are progressing.
Interested candidates please send resume and sample work url to: email@example.com