Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
Here's some of my work on Batman:Arkham Origins, hope you like it.
It was a conscious decision to keep the animations ‘stylized’, this meant that the mocap had to be heavily edited to achieve the desired results. We elaborated the poses, modified timing, exaggerated the impacts and added weight. In some cases the characters were completely animated (keyframed) due to mocap limitations.
The facials in the cinematics were all keyframed since we wanted to create comprehensive expressive emotions that would be unique to the character’s personality.
Besides directing the animation, I did manage to animate a few shots.
• 00:04: The King Bat – Keyframed the King Bat only
• 00:27: Joker Turn – Keyframed facials, polished mocap body
• 00:31: Batman Growl – Keyframed facials, polished mocap body
• 00:35: Batman Dragged – Keyframed facials and body, (excluding cape/props)
• 00:39: Copperhead – Keyframed facials and body
• 00:42: Bane Slam – Keyframed facials and body
• 00:43: Bane Scream – Keyframed facials and body, (excluding cape/props)
• 00:44: Bane Scream (wide shot) – Keyframed facials and body
• 00:46: Batman get up – Polished mocap body, (excluding cape/props)
• 00:47: Bane Jump – Keyframed facials and body (Bane only)
• 00:50: Joker Walk – Keyframed facials, polished mocap body
• 00:53: Bane Rises – Keyframed facials, polished mocap body
• 01:05: Joker Dialogue – Keyframed facials and body (Joker only)
All the characters, rigs and environments was created by the very talented ‘Story’ team at WB Montreal.
I would love WB to commission an entire cg Batman movie. Kinda of a shame to only see this quality of work as video game inserts.