I'm just wondering what you freelancers had to do for a contract "template" for freelance work.
Where would be good places to look for written agreements of the likes?
I really don't have the money for lawyers.
Previously it has fallen under my student work, so I was covered under the colleges contract agreements between myself and other parties; however now I'm about to endeavour into the real-world; I need a real-world contract to cover my ass.
I reside in Australia, http://www.artslaw.com.au/legal-topi.../cat/contract/
This is generally the "go to" place for legal matters, however I cannot find a suitable contract template.
Anyone keen to point me in the right direction?
Last edited by -Tragedy-; June 17th, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
Ever just woken up and gone "shit, does the world around me exist"?
I don't know much about contracts, but I did find this a couple weeks ago.
And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.
Does this look right? http://www.artslaw.com.au/sample-agr...ion-agreement/
I had to click through one of the other samples and another menu appeared, should be on the first page really (http://www.artslaw.com.au/sample-agr...t/visual-arts/)
I'm going to start using a modified version of a contract my friend had written up. I guess it depends on the country, but you can always draft up your own written agreement as an interim solution, just make sure you clearly outline when the deposit is expected to be paid and when the other payments are due. My boyfriend and I generally work with 35% of the artists fee up front (as well as material costs if they apply) and the other 65% due within seven days of completion of the project.