My goal as an artist is to be the best I can be. I just started my journey last Fall. Right now I am focusing on the fundamentals of drawing and painting. I am a sophmore at the American Academy of Art in Chicago and I hope to attend grad school at UIC to get a degree in Biomedical Visualization and become a medical illustrator. That's the plan but we'll see if I change my mind. These days I am focusing on looking and observing the ideas and concepts of art today and in the past so that one day in the future I will be able to stand on the shoulders of those great artistic giants and push art in a direction further than anyone has ever taken it before. It's a hefty goal but why throw up barriers? Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.
These are all in chronological order starting from the beginning of the year. Most of them have been more recent however.
1. Some hand studies that I worked on about 2 hrs each in charcoal.
2. two week pose in vine charcoal.
3. another 2 week pose in vine charcoal.
4. 20 min quicky in sanguine conte.
5. oil portrait of a friend done in 3 hrs.
6. one hr oil study of an empty coke box.
7. two week pose done on toned paper with black and white charcoal.
8. oil portrait 3 hrs.
9. two week pose in oils.
10. two week pose on toned paper with black and white charcoal.