Illustration of the Week #2: Ragnarok Book Cover
This week imagine you are approached by a company which wants to produce a book on Norse mythology. They seem to think that a depiction of Ragnarok
would be perfect for an eye catching cover. Here are the specifics of what they want:
-You must make it a vertical composition to fit a book
-You must leave the top third or so a bit plainer to allow for the title (don't put the focal point near the top)
-You must include multiple figures in a battle...choose an event involving one or more of the major gods
-Since it is a book cover, it must be eye-catching and easy to read from far away
Here's the rules you have to list in your entry:
- The entry has to be a full-fledged Illustration. Not simple concepts or designs.
- No rushed entries, WIPs or sketches.
- At least 2 WIPs must be shown.
- Finished piece and WIPs must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
- Colour or black and white, both are allowed.
- Both traditional and digital mediums are allowed.
- A border containing entrants username, the topic and challenge number must be added.
- Image size cannot be too big, nor too small.
The deadline is Sunday 21st of August, 23:59 GMT
It's a tight turnaround for a full and complex book cover, but in the real world you have to work fast sometimes...so get working!