Illustration of the Week #1: The Banner
You have been waiting, deep within your artsy caves and you finally see the light.
The angels sings song of joy and happiness.
Children grab their mothers skirt and point.
It's here, the Illustration of the Week challenge is finally afoot!
The first topic is to create a banner for the weekly. Mundane, yes I know. But this is your chance! You can finally do what you've always wanted!
You will be the best banner creator ever, I just know it.
There's no theme requirement for this challenge.
Your illustration can look however you want it. All it has to do is include the text "Illustration of the Week" and the rules (listed below).
The focus of the banner is the rules, and looking fancy.
But mostly the rules, so make sure you don't use a font so fancy that the reader has to squint.
And remember the size, about 1000ishx600ish pixels should do.
Here's the banners of the other weeklies:
Creature of the Week
Character of the Week
Think you can match that? Sure you can, you're going to beat it!
Here's the rules you have to list in your entry:
- The entry has to be a full-fledged Illustration. Not simple concepts or designs.
- No rushed entries, WIPs or sketches.
- At least 2 WIPs must be shown.
- Finished piece and WIPs must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
- Colour or black and white, both are allowed.
- Both traditional and digital mediums are allowed.
- A border containing entrants username, the topic and challenge number must be added.
- Image size cannot be too big, nor too small.
The deadline is Sunday 14th of August, 23:59 GMT
That means you have about two weeks to create the greatest banner the world has ever seen. Get to it!