*** UPDATE - We heard from many great people - the ConceptArt community is truly impressive. As of now we're staffed on our projects, but we'll update if the situation changes. Thanks, all! ***
(Update: Apologies for leaving this out initially. We like the cartoon-like appearance of casual social games like FarmVille, We Rule, CityVille, etc. It's important to for us to continue that look-and-feel. Just wanted to give you a heads-up in case this style isn't appealing to you.)
PixelTap Studios is looking for a concept game artist to help develop an iPhone strategy game. You'll partner with an amazing in-house technical team that truly respects artists. The work you do - character, world, and asset design - will be seen by millions of users.
If you have a story about how hundreds of hours spent playing an addictive game lowered your GPA, you might be a great fit!
This position is freelance and can pay a mixture of cash and equity on an hourly basis. We can expand the role to part-time or full-time should we agree the fit is mutual.
• Create concept illustrations and mock-ups of a future strategy-based game and its user experiences
• (If expanded to part-time) Inspire theme development and game style guidelines
• (If expanded to part-time)Create amazing in-game graphical assets
• Experienced with Photoshop and Illustrator, 3D and Flash proficiency preferred
• Diverse portfolio reflecting a wide range of work, plus samples of either cartoon-like or realistic styles
• Strong empathy for users
• Strong empathy for engineers who can't draw, but are otherwise great people
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
ADDITIONAL THINGS WE LIKE TO SEE
• Game development experience
• Degree in an art-related discipline
• Three or more of your favorite games and the levels of your avatars
Please send a resume and a portfolio or samples to email@example.com. Please include "Game Artist - Strategy Games" in the subject.