Formerly, Flying Cloud Animation which was formed on April 4th 2009 by three artists, grew exponentially to 32 at one point pursuing the true nature of film cinema, animation and visual effects. Reforming into Kosmic Nova in October of 2010, still strong with new structure, pipeline and brute force tactics to take down competition in the freelancing market. Producing three short films on our own, freelancing in graphic design & multimedia, and visual development.
Welcome to The New Inception, Kosmic Nova.
Official Website Launch in January
Graphic Design & Multimedia
Film, Animation & Visual Effects
We have one film near 90% completion which involves Live Action and Visual Effects. A full CG Pixar-Like short 75% completion rate, and another unique CG short currently back in story drafting..
Aims: We strive for Originality, Creativity, and Ingenuity. We will be submitting all of our shorts and films to small and large film festivals. While, individual Nova Designers have the time to freelance with our other artists making money on the side.
- Portfolio or other / related
- Brief Summary of who you are, and why you would be a good fit for Kosmic Nova
- Able to take constructive criticism, clear directions, and change per your divisions Director
- Know the “Courtesy Call” Routine. If you're sick, vacation, medical – send us communication
- Be passionate about what you do as Kosmic Nova is structured liked a business, termination letters have been previously sent.
- Read Documentation and sign Contract / NDA / Kosmic Freelance Contract
Positions are limited per month and have made substantial progress since our former collaboration which started in April 2009. We've been around for almost two years. Until we become an official LLC, these posts will remain in the Collaboration section, as we utilize our own internal freelance section in association with Elance.
All Renders / Rendering is done on our 5 DELL PowerEdge 2950 Blade Servers. Oh La La.
SteerCG Beijing, China (CG Outsourcing)
Wild Rose Animation
Academy of Art University
Ringling College of Art & Design (Coming Soon | Speculation)
CALArts (Coming Soon | Speculation)
- Kosmic Design: Programmer(JS + FL)
- Visual Dev: Storyboard Artist
- Visual Dev: Character Artist
- Visual Dev: Environment Artist
- Visual Dev: Matte Painter
- CG Production: Lighting TD (Maya 2008+)
- CG Production: Lighter (Maya 2008+)
- CG Production: Character Modeler (Maya 2008+)
- CG Production: Texture Artist (Maya 2008+)
- CG Production: Materials & Shaders (Maya 2008+)
- CG Production: Rotoscoper
- Kosmic Freelancing: Advertising: Concept Artist
- Kosmic Freelancing: Games: Concept Artist
- Kosmic Freelancing: Games: Character Concept Artist
- Kosmic Freelancing: Web Design: Programmer(s)
If you're Interested in any of these positions or have multiple talent:
Send an e-mail to Cloudanimation@Gmail.com
Subject: <Insert Position>
- Portfolio (If Applicable)
If you are contacted, you will be contacted by e-mail to setup a phone interview. Interviews take between 5-15 minutes asking about your work experience and/or general knowledge. If you have questions, write them down, we don't bite!
Don't forget to check back to our website, which should be available in January.