Would like to do an announcement and a request here.
Am launching a new downloadable PDF/snail-mail newsletter, “IGD News” for the independent game community. IGD News, will start as an eight page downloadable PDF with guest editorials, game reviews, articles, as well as showcasing the talent of the community. For a complete overview of the newsletter, please visit our "in-progress" webpage at www.igdnews.com
Now the request…
Each month, IGD News will feature cover art from community, meaning you. Anyway would appreciate your submissions for IGD News cover art. Your first question is probably deals with whether you will get paid. As I have no revenue coming in, I will start out with an honorarium of $25 per cover. Hopefully I can increase this in the future.
Over at IGD News you will find a link for submitting a link for your your artwork.
1. Please only submit a single piece of arwork.
2. The image should be convertable by you to PDF in the near future if selected.
3. Submissions will close March 31, 2004, midnight.
4. The image should be 8"x10.5"
5. Anything goes from this site, all your work is great.
6. Please do not submit artwork already used in other publications, etc. Just something from your existing portfolio.
7. As this is a publication for independent game developers and enthusiasts, I will probably lean towards someone who is not yet in the industry as a selection.
8. If you have questions, contact me at email@example.com and I will respond here.
9. Color is preferred to B&W.
Also if you have any suggestions or comments regarding IGD News content, you may contact me directly.