Spartan Camp #154 - 50 gestures + Optional "Head: 3 views" study
The aim is to produce 50 gestures by Sunday the 17th of October.
- The gestures can be of anything, human, animal, cavorting capybaras.... You can draw full figures, but you can also go for heads, arms, eyes, or anything specific. All media can be used, both digital or traditional. Coloured or black/white. Quick scribbles or long studies. Imagination or referenced. Clothed or nude. Specifics are up to you!
- In addition to this, participants can choose to do an Optional "Head: 3 views" Study, in any medium.
Additional notes on this weeks’ Optional Study:
A head, viewed from three sides! This may be from imagination or a study. With or without neck/shoulders. Expression and such do not have to be the same, but make sure the three views belong to the same head. I suspect few people have a bust or plaster cast at home, but there are there are several other options for reference:
- Put on a movie, pause to draw a character 3x. Or alternatively, screencaps from this place: http://www.leavemethewhite.com/index2.html
- 3rd CT scan is a head you can rotate: http://www.posemaniacs.com/tools/handviewer/
- Lots of different views from the same head in this book PDF.
- I'm having trouble loading this one, but I know it has several views of the same pose: http://fineart.sk/index.php?s=24&cat=2
- Make a head using clay. I've been wanting to do this for a long time.
- more suggestions always welcome!
Colour, medium, time frame, any specifics are up to you! Have fun!
50 poses is a challenge, but don't hurry or stress yourself reaching it! Focus on drawing, as practising is the main goal of this exercise.
Critting each other is highly encouraged!! Share constructive criticism, reference and resources!! Let's help each other get better!
Come on soldiers! Flex those muscles!!
HALL OF FAME - SPARTAN CAMP #153