Last edited by parker17; April 28th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
Its interesting but if you hadn't mentioned it was steampunk I don't think I would have ever guessed. I recommend studying what makes steampunk well...errr... steampunky. I think you'll find it's more than making pipes and trusses.
A few typical design constraints that come to mind:
* Art Nouveau / Rococo
* Elizabethan architecture
* Lots of cobbling things together ... crooked, especially pipes
* Devices & machines are mechanically over complicated & often massive
* Gears, boilers, valves, pistols, bolts, levers... & so on.
So with regards to your story some questions to ask that might help your design:
* What is this place used for?
* Who built it and with what kind of equipment?
* Why is it important for your story?
Looking forward to seeing your next iteration.
Last edited by Chirp Chirp; June 17th, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Wow, that's some cool project! If it slugs down your computer, I'll definitely recommend to check if your SketchUp is version at least 7.1.6860 - there was lately a update that gives big performance boost. Also, try the Cleanup plugin - it will wipe out useless edges and faces - I use this helpful plugin quite often and I recommend it. http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/200...co-planar.html