Environment Design and Believable Landscapes: Using Reference Effectively
This lecture on the creation of environments and landscape imagery will cover the following (and more as time allows!). There will be a full question and answer period and a ton of awesome info.
- reasons for using reference, and how it can help to improve your landscape designs.
- the most effective methods of gathering reference and researching your images
- ways to break down the complexity of photography and mimic some of the effects.
- traps that are easy to fall into when referencing photos, and how to avoid them
- trying to understand how other artists have simplified similar effects and the importance of finding your own way.
- going beyond the surface detail to try and understand the reasoning behind different effects
We are fortunate to have ConceptArt.Org and Massive Black's very own Whit Brachna joining us for this first live streaming course on the creation of environments and landscapes for illustration, concept design, and fine art. Whit is an alumni of the next-gen atelier and has seen his work end up helping projects like DOOM 4, New Vegas, and dozens of other major worlds and universes. Whit is an accomplished draftsman and a leading environment artist in the fields of video games and film,
When SAT Aug 22 1-5pm CENTRAL DAYLIGHT TIME
Where: Right here on CA.O!! http://conceptart.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180 is the link!
How: http://www.conceptartstore.com/endeusreef.html (link to the store for tuition)
How Much: 95 bucks USD
We really appreciate whit helping us to do this and for supporting the new technology for the site. The wolrd of art is a better place because of all the support, so thank you...truly.