Not sure if this will work with the plot, but these are the notes I’ve made so far about my healer character. If it needs tinkering to fit the plot, or whatever then I’m open to suggestion.
I'll put together some character moodboards later too and get some more sketches done to post.
At a young age the elfin healer believed that the use of his powers would help build a better world. He moved to a town and began aiding people in whatever way he could. Initially they revered him for his amazing gift, people flocked to see him, he was their saviour! That time soon passed as time went on. As he watched the many years go by while he used his powers to selflessly to help others; curing, healing, restoring life, he began to question his abilities. Moral issues with his god-like power began to go round in his head; did he have the right to play god? He often wondered if his powers really wee for the greater good, as years later the world was no better than it ever was.
Due to his amazing ability the healer was used by the people who took advantage of his gift. Some were extremely grateful and thankful for his help but the majority saw what his gift could provide and began to take advantage of it. They became selfish and demanding. As a result he lost his faith in humanity and began to build up a distain for people.
Worn out and weary with the lack of rewards for his services the Healer was faced with a choice. He could retreat away from humanity while continue healing others if and when the occasion called for it, keeping his identity a secret with the reward of knowing he was doing good or he could begin using his power for a price making people indebted to him in return for his help. He could extort them just as they had him and establish himself in a powerful position so he would no longer be used by others.
- Moved away from humans and large towns to an isolated place in the forest away from others except for his kin.
- Likes gardening and grows a large variety of flowers and herbs.
- Makes herbal remedies and cures which he uses indirectly to help people.
- When venturing amongst others, he cloaks himself in a robe to prevent him from being identified and manages to pass by un-noticed. If he ever does step in to help or cure someone he departs from the scene quickly afterwards.
- Has the friendship of a variety of wild animals around his home.
- Though still remaining a good person, he has lost faith in the greater good of his power. Despite his amazing power he does not believe that it really helps people in the long run. He also does not believe that he has the right to chose who lives and dies.
- Deep down he does still care about the people, and would still help someone in desperate need if he believed he could help.
- Intoxicated by his own god-like power.
- Distain for humanity and others. Has lost his faith in people.
- Is consumed by his own hate and power and as a result has forgotten his original intentions of using his gift.
- Established himself as a revered and feared ‘religious’ leader with his own army of devoted followers who enforce his rules and ensure that devotion to him is secured and people keep their debts to him in return for his aid.
- Vain and rich.
- Cares more about himself than others.
- Will only use his gift if he can benefit from it.
- Grows a selection of poisonous plants and herbs as well as making remedies for situations when a punishment may be needed or to be used if needed to restore faith etc.
- Likes animals, has a crow and cat.