I work for Rise gaming and i'd like to offer you the opportunity of a lifetime, step right up folks and feast your eyes on the blah blah blah...
anywho, in all seriousness our company is working on a new game project and it is so very hush hush that right now i can't tell you anything specific unless you go under an NDA. what i can tell you is that this game is absolutely packed with revolutionary features and more importantly it's fun. Big whoop i know, however our team aren't the only ones who think it's a winning idea. the game was actually going to be funded by several well known publishers but development ran into unforseeable issues and the project was put on the backburner. the issues have now been resloved and we're looking to expand our talent pool.
what we're offering is:
1) a real shot at a career in games development. RISE is close to attaining funding. you could very well be working for for us with a salary in an office within months. However opportunities come from outside RISE too, several of our members have gone on to find increased freelance work from companies directly as a result of their talents being showcased in our projects.
2) a fun and interesting commercial level project to put under your belt and all the experience that goes with it.
3) an enjoyable, friendly and professional team to work with. over 40 members of all ages (well, not all ages ) spanning the globe and with a variety of skills. we have some of the best musicians in the industry as well as writers, artists, modellers, programmers, managers, business owners, web developers, marketers etc
4) progress no matter what. this is imo the rarest thing to find amongst indie game developers. too many projects come to a sudden halt and it leaves the whole team feeling rotten for having wasted their time. RISE has already successfully completed games and mods. our members come from groups that have worked on projects prior to joining RISE. we have several affiliated developers working with us who have also put out titles already and are developing more right now. our wealth of knowledge and experience ensures that we keep moving forward.
what we're not offering:
1) absolute certainty of a salary in the short term. you won't be paid for your services, this is a strictly volunteer only operation. no one on the team is getting paid yet. as likely as it is that we will attain funds, i don't want you to be under the impression that it is a sure thing.
what we're looking for:
should be creative, dedicated, capable, reliable and work well in a team.
1 x 2d character artist
2 x 2d creature artist
2 x 2d environment artist
3 x 3d character modeller
2 x 3d general modeller
4 x 3d texture artist
if you think you've got what it takes and you'd like to join the team please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "RISE artist position"
include either a link to an online portfolio/gallery or an archive file of your best works.
we're also now looking for anyone with graphic design and/or web design expertise
thanks for reading and i hope to hear from you soon