· What is the DSG?
The dsg is a collection of artists who draw from a topic which is (theoretically) given each day, and DSG stands for Daily Sketch Group. However, since the DSG-Bot broke (several years ago) and WmBHand took the reigns, it's more like a new topic is given every 2 or 3 days.
· When does the DSG start?
The topic is given at random times, completely without warning.
· Where is dsg?
The topics are listed in the dsg forum or at http://www.conceptart.org/dsg
· Are there Prizes?
No. There are no prizes. Unless you count the occasional feedback from your DSG fellows, or the new image you now own.
. How do I post an Image?
For most people, attachments are disabled for the DSG, so you must have your image hosted by some outside place, like Photobucket
(or wherever.. there are a bunch of free hosting sites available).
Once you've done that, copy the url of your hosted image and do this:
[IMG]paste your image url here[/IMG]
Now your image should show up just fine.
** ALTERNATIVELY, you can post a link to your image by using the good old [url] tags... If you use any reference photos, please include a link to them in this fashion.
· Where can i suggest topics for the dsg?
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...threadid=10140 -- Suggested topic are occasionally used, so please keep suggesting them, but keep in mind that they're far more likely to be used if they are novel, thoughtfully written, and brief.
· Can we chat in dsg threads or should we only post art?
Share opinions, references, questions and critiques, but try to keep it brief. Keep in mind that you're much more likely to receive crits & pats if you give them to others first. Don't get carried away, though... this is not an appropriate forum for extended back-and-forths -- Do that in your personal threads. Remember that people are getting notified each time a new post goes up.
· Is there a limit of entries?
Nope, No limit at all-- Feel free to post as much as you are inspired to create. Do keep the quality in mind though.
· Are there any standards regarding ability level?
Kinda Sorta -- This is not meant to be a forum for people who are just learning to draw.
· Do i have to sign up, or can i just join in?
No sign up needed, just start posting, view some of the older threads and get a feeling of how it works!
· Is there a dsg chatroom?
There is no chat room specifically for the dsg, but conceptart members chat in #art @ irc.asylumnet.com To get irc you must get a client, i suggest MIRC for windows users and for mac users to pick one from this http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/mac/
· who do i go to for help?
Currently the moderators of the dsg forum are myself, mtomczek and William b. Hand (Main DSG Moderator). Any of us can be contacted about problems, concerns or whatever else is on your mind, but go to Mr. Hand first since he's probably to blame.
· Is there a time limit for my sketches??
No there is not, but we strongly suggest you put in around an Hour-and-a-half per topic -- Reason being is that we feel if you are consistent with your time schedule there is a higher chance of you staying faithful to doing the dsg's. Also, if you spend 90 minutes on the pic, it's just likely to be superior to something of the 15-minute type. (Of course, If you're a pro, then 15 min. might be plenty.)
· Can we reply to the artists on the thread without posting art???
Yes but, we would really appreciate if they comments were short, so that the images don't get spread out too much. Also, never quote another image, repeating someone else's image just eats up bandwidth and makes the thread longer than it needs to be.
- Stealing copyrighted art work is a bannable offense. Don't think we won't find out if you do.
- When posting, refrain from comments like "i suck", it gets repetitive and could possibly offend artists of lesser experience.
- Constructive crits are fine, but please -- no flaming.
- When posting images that involve sexual content or provocative nudity please only post a link and not the actual image. And give some warning, like "NUDITY". That's guaranteed to get people clicking to see.
- The moderators hold the right to delete/edit posts with vulgarity, images that have questionable content(using other images, tracing, copying, etc), and other unacceptable actions. What's unacceptable is subjective and is up to us power-wielding bastards.
If anyone has questions feel free to post them here, and myself and the other contributors can answer them ASAP.
and if you are reading this you're not doing your dsg, get going!