Lead Technical Artist
Black Rock Studio is currently recruiting for a Lead Technical Artist to join the team at the Brighton-based studio. The studio, best known for award-winning titles such as the MotoGP series on Xbox 360 and PC and the multi-million selling ATV Offroad Fury 3 & 4, is currently developing ‘Pure’ on Xbox 360 & PS3, as well as an additional original IP racing game and is looking for talented and passionate racing game enthusiasts to join the teams on these innovative projects.
The Lead Technical Artist defines the production techniques used by artists, and ensures that the art team has all of the relevant tools and workflows they need to operate at peak efficiency. They also develop the Art Direction into an optimal CG look, and ensure that all art content in the game is being built to withstand performance and memory requirements.
Skills range / summary:
• Designs and supervises the creation of game pipelines and workflows, working in conjunction with engineers and art leads.
• Works with the Game Director and Art Director to ensure that visual quality is not being compromised by technical constraints.
• Regularly audits and streamlines all art production methods (Including Level Art, Modeling, Character Animation/Motion Capture, Visual Effects and Lighting)
• Acts as a bridge between art and engineering disciplines.
• Solves technical production issues as needed
• Provides mentorship, coaching and management of other technical artists on the team.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art or a related field.
• 4+ years experience in Computer Graphics
• 2 years experience on AAA console game development
• Computer Programming/Scripting experience (e.g. C++, MEL, Python, Etc…)
• A strong knowledge of game development software and techniques (e.g. Maya, Photoshop, Etc…)
• An appreciation and balance of both art and engineering concepts.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
Additional background in Film or TV VFX is an advantage.
• Experience in UI design for artists/animators
• Prior experience using Motion Capture
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and covering letter to: email@example.com
About Black Rock Studio
Black Rock Studio, formerly known as Climax Racing, was established in early 2000 with the goal of becoming the industry's premier racing studio. The studio now employs more than 100. Using its proprietary render engine and PACE physics libraries, the studio has become experienced at producing triple-A, critically acclaimed racing titles in very competitive development times. Climax Racing was acquired by Disney Interactive Studios in October 2006 and re-named Black Rock Studio in July 2007. For further information, please visit our website: www.blackrockstudio.com
About Disney Interactive:
Disney Interactive Studios is the interactive division of the Walt Disney Company. We develop, publish, market and distribute a broad portfolio of multi-platform next-generation video games and interactive entertainment worldwide. Our family of studios includes Fall Line and Avalanche Software in Salt Lake City, and Propaganda Games in Vancouver and of course the Brighton Studio in the UK. Come and upgrade your career with one of the world’s largest entertainment companies.