Mentees: Vibhas & Yinteck
Ok so you managed to trick me into teaching the tiny bit of knowledge I have. Hopefully it can end up as an art journey together rather then one man pointing where to go. So I want us to work fairly loos, trying this and that together and see where we end up. Don’t take what I teach for granted, listened to a lot of people and see what others do as well.
Well lets start off with some easy stuff. It’s the basic of an environment piece, so even if its fairly quick to do once you get the hang of it, its most important to understand it. We are going to work on composition now in the beginning I think. There are several steps here we will look at during the first weeks: perspective, repetition, scale… well ill think of more later J
You have already done some perspective studies, feel free to post them here if you want to. I want to keep working on perspective studies but instead of random chaos cubes we will go a bit more into detail.
I don’t want to post up to many examples quite yet, I want you to explore a bit first, and then I can rather use examples when I am explaining a bit more later. So here is the first assignment:
- In every piece add a man or woman for scale, doesn’t need to be more then a contour
- Add the same element several times for repetition. This will show scale in your image. (will maybe have to show you that one)
- DON’T detail anything almost, you can add stripes to a cube to show it’s the same one going backwards into the image or similar. But no detailing
- Don’t rush the images, you are not in a hurry. Plan them out and make sure they show what you want!
1. Make three images looking from above
2. Make three images looking upwards
3. Make three images on “street level” not looking up or down (is that one understandable? Basically it will cut of parts of your “cubes”)
There nine images id prefer you create with pencil and paper, take an A4 sheet of paper and divided it up like I have shown bellow in the attachment. I will also do all the assignments.
The deadline has been removed. As soon as you have all nine images in a way I like we move on hehe