I AM NOT CURRENTLY RUNNING A MENTORING CLASS - THIS SECTION IS ARCHIVED AND MAY RETURN IN FUTURE
I am currently finalising the way the second class will run. Its almost decided upon and I have a rough time frame in mind. Here are the requirements that students must meet, and what to send me through for the application.
- All students must be familiar with the digital painting environment. Traditional tasks will be catered for and there will be opportunity to do a lot of traditional media work, however some tasks will be digital-specific, so this is a requirement.
- Teaching will be conducted in Photoshop. I will not be catering for people who only use Painter (due to my own inexperience with the Painter program).
- You MUST be available to do the work, which will take you a minimum of 5 -10 hours per week, from February 25 to 9 May. The class MAY run longer. If you are not able to keep this commitment there are several fundementals classes on CA that allow casual drop in attendance. This class requires your commitment. Please don't let the other students down!
- You must have a serious commitment to improving your environment painting. This is not a general painting course, nor is it to be used as a 'motivator' to make yourself do more work. It is for people who have a specific goal and require the knowledge to reach it.
- You must be willing to work in small groups with other class members.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
What to do to apply:
To apply for class 2 please make sure you are clear on the above requirements, then send me an EMAIL - to: firstname.lastname@example.org - with the following information:
1. A selection of your 5 best paintings. You may either attach 5 files to your email, or link to a portfolio, however if it is a website portfolio i will look only at the 'finished work' or equivalent section.
2. A brief explanation of yourself - things like age, where you are from, about your own art practise - whatever you want.
3. A CLEAR statement of your goal. Your intention is important and having a concrete goal improves your chances of producing good work for the class.
4. Finally, include any relevant experience - any education you have had before, be it college, workshops, online classes and so on.
Please note that all current class members, and people who have PM'd or emailed me already will need to do so again with the new information. Very much look forward to hearing from you all!
Any questions not relating to application you can post here
*edit:* i will not be waiting for an equal consideration date. If the class fills up tomorrow, it fills up. Don't hesitate and get your work in now
*edit2:* you do not need to have participated in any way with the previous class to be considered eligable for this one.