Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
These are some development studies for a weird nest house from my project. The premise is that three characters live at the top of a tree and built a home from sticks and vines. It is supposed to be very simple and organic looking as opposed to another house that is very cubist and complicated. Kind of like a birds nest.
cool, dunno really what more to say, notning to crit really, theyr just cool
the third one from the top left looks really stupid though , looks like a dude with hes arms in the air screaming yatta xD
Last edited by Lotet; January 18th, 2008 at 05:28 PM.
wanna see detailed versions
"Try again, fail again,fail better!"Samuel BeckettSketchbook
They all look good to me. Since i don't really know your project, i cant say which one will 'fit best', so i will simply say 'what i feel' about each one of them.These are some development studies for a weird nest house from my project. The premise is that three characters live at the top of a tree and built a home from sticks and vines. It is supposed to be very simple and organic looking as opposed to another house that is very cubist and complicated. Kind of like a birds nest.
From left to right, top to bottom:
1) This has a very 'bird-nest' feeling to it. But since the entrance is so small, it makes me think that the house is 'gigantic' it would need a big tree to acomodate this!
2) This one looks more like a 'human made house', more intrusive into the nature, it doesnt blend as much as the others do.
3) As Lotet said, this looks like a dude with his hands up in the air, screaming. if your project has a more 'cartoonesque' feeling to it, it could work pretty well, It would look like the house of someone playfull and very happy.. and why not, to say, imature? (not in a bad way)
4) This one has a very parasitic feeling to it. But the blending with the nature is very 'smooth', it looks part of it, has a 'natural' feeling.
5) This one reminds me of a twister, it has a very dynamic feeling to it, its powerful!
6) This one looks like a plant, a carnivorous plant actually, looks menancing.
7) This one for me, looks parasitic too, but more 'snake like'.
For me, the one that i 'liked most' is the 5th one. Hope to see it fleshed out!
That was exactly the response I was looking for. Someone else's immediate impression to the shapes and forms within that brief context I gave. I am working on the OTHER house right now, it would be great if you critiqued that one in the same approach. That way I can have some help deciding which ones should be flushed out into finishes.
Thanks for the help
Hey Derek! Glad you like my comments, and you can be sure i will comment the other houses too, i love thumbnails!
Its a pleasure to help man!
Double post, sorry!
I like these. It would be easier to crit them if you included some art that represents what direction you'd go with thees. Context is what's missing. These look nice NOW, but your choice in context could swing the vote, eh?
Other than that, it seems like you have a good grasp on formand shape and line weight. Nice,.