Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
Link to my da which holds my art that, picking the best out of it, I have had planned on using in my portfolio:
A little back story: I have procrastinated till now on getting application done for various art schools. My procrastination was due to something going on in my life at the time. I finally have gotten back into swing and completed the applications for the schools- I am now at the portfolio phase.
I feel like my art is so insignificant to others applying to the schools. I feel like there's no point in me sending in anything more (money/essays/art.) for these various reasons (some rational, some not) swirling around in my head:
1) The requirements say "only show your best art" but I feel like all of mine is shit for the way they describe what they want in a portfolio.
2) Why do they seem so crazy in wanting some super-beautiful-correct-in-everyway art pieces in the portfolio if it's an institution to LEARN to be a better artist?
I really have no direction of where to go next:
Should I just keep working on my art in my own time at the pace I am now?
Should I just swallow my pride and submit what I have?
Should I drop anything to do with art college wise, and just take a major in business like my dad wants?
Should I just try to find a job and forget about college for awhile?
I really wanted to go to a college for these reasons:
- To get out of the house and live alone (dorm/apartment)
- To be at a place with other people with the same interests I have
- To have teachers/professors to give me that little extra kick in my butt to get things done
Even since I graduated community college I find that I just don't do as much stuff as I used to....
Anyway, any input I would love, thank you all who read this far. You have no idea what it means to me that people care about me that much.