Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
Character of the Week #286
Aoife & Her Mechanical Guardian
Design the young enchantress Aoife and her mechanical protector
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 6th MAY 8PM GMT+1 (9PM British Summer Time)
Check your timezone!
A Legend tells of a powerful enchantress who will tilt the fate of the world in either good or bad. Whichever side she chooses, will become the dominant force. However she is still young, and it yet to take one path or the other. As a completely neutral being, many have tried to sway her to their sides but have failed. Some have even tried to kill her, so that the legend never has the chance to come true for either good or evil. Because of this, she was given a mechanical guardian to protect her - a being that does not know good or evil itself, only that she must be protected at all costs.
Your challenge is to create a design for BOTH Aoife and her guardian. Remember, they are neither good or evil. Aoife does not have to be a child, but she should also not be an adult woman. The mechanical guardian cannot be a living thing, and can be powered by anything you like, magic, steam, electricity....
- Aoife must be young and female
- Can be any time/setting
- Can be any genre
- Remember that she is neutral, try to represent both good and evil within her.
- Must be both character
- The guardian cannot be a living thing. It must be mechanical
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#286_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow286final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; April 23rd, 2012 at 07:33 PM.