Challenges of the week give artists the opportunity to create new and fantastic art based on a weekly theme set by the challenge moderators. They are also a great place to develop core skills.
Being featured on ConceptArt.org can get your artwork viewed by millions of artists a month including big industry leaders.
|Color and Light||1.1||Do Assignment|
|Color and Light||1.2||Do Assignment||1.3 | 1.4|
|Illusion of Space and Atmosphere||1||Do Assignment|
|Personal Art||1.1||Do Assignment|
Character of the Week #278
When I grow up
Create a 'self portrait' of who/what you wanted grow up to be when you were a child
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 4th MARCH 9PM GMT+1 (8PM GMT)
Check your timezone!
Post your final images in this thread. Remember, any comments posted BEFORE the poll is posted will be removed without any sort of warning.
CHECK YOUR TIMEZONE
CHECK YOUR FILENAME
MAKE SURE YOUR IMAGE ADHERES TO THE BRIEF
- It needs to be you (or a version of you. You can draw yourself even older that you currently are, or younger if that is applicable, but you MUST be an adult)
- Can be any style or genre
- You cannot draw yourself as an artist.
- It does not have to be realistic - if you dream of being a robot, or a dragon or a princess then draw it!
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#279_Username (Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow279final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!
Last edited by Eofn; March 18th, 2012 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Winner Added
When I was aboat 11-12 I wanted to become a samurai more than enything I whached "the last samurai" at least once per day. But at the same time in my life I really wanted to work as a bicycling mailman, so here.
If anybody knows or have the contact stuff to the most wonderfull singer in the known universe please give her this... plxOr
Warrior of my own fantasy world.
Edit: My vote was meant to go to ChaoticKnight.. Not myself, if it can somehow be changed. @_@;;;;
Last edited by Carrieli; March 4th, 2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: wrong vote
In my early days when I was about 10, I wanted to be a wizard like Merlin or one of the three musketeers (I had to ask my parents), so I decided to make a mix between my two wishes, so this is the result.
hope u like it
I jumped in late, sorry. What a great topic!
Didn't think I had enough time to do justice to a wild combination of everything I wanted to be as a child, so I chose one of the major ones.
In "Yojimbo", Toshiro Mifune made it abundantly clear that being a roving samurai bodyguard for hire is the baddest assest thing of all time. He also paradoxically positions HIMSELF as the "baddest assest" thing of all time. I am convinced that "Yojimbo" is more a biography of the man than a fictional period piece. I'm not even sure if Mifune realized he was being filmed.
I've always wanted to follow in his gruff, surly and rugged footsteps and here is fantasy me (complete with fantasy pecs) attempting to fulfill the void that Yojimbo has left in my life
(PS. I Left in black and white to try to drive home the movie source. I DID try adding color at one point, not sure I liked where it was headed)
Fair skinned, blue eyed devil wants to be samurai? Yojimbo? More like GAIJINBO, amirite?
Last edited by Lt_Action; March 4th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
When I grow up