Same situation here, i have applied for the SF POD, and in case of a positive answer i would have to relocate from Italy, i'm also waiting for bank and contract details in order to pay with the discounted tuition option.
I'm personally interested in attending this school only if i get a POD spot, otherwise i would just reapply next time hoping for better luck,
therefore i think POD confirmation should be given ahead of any payment.
It doesn't make sense for me to pay, then ask for a spot, and in case of denial ask for a refund..
I'm sure they are overloaded with a huge amount of work, and don't have much time and people to handle it,
but i have to admit this wait is getting quite stressful and is giving me headaches ..