HAHA NICE REST BUT GET BACK TO WWWWWWWERRRRRRRRKKKKKK rrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR XDXDXD CAUSE I MISS YER HOW TO SAY SMEXY DROARRRINGS AHH AN SHAVE XD
1- your art is pretty impressive, i dig the colors and a lot of the designs!
2- maybe credit the original here?
Last edited by Joseph_Silverman; September 12th, 2011 at 09:10 PM.
[i did credit, in the Wasted thread]. although i said "rifty" refference not "brinky" refference, it was 5 am i believe. my bad anyways, lemme edit my posts.
and yup, i did take a peek at that, i'm a great fan of Laurel's work so i'm learning.
thx for the heads up mate.
awesome work Cristi! Keep it up! Love mutants ; P
"Freedom is an illusion"
http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=174672 <----- My Work
http://mewannalearn.deviantart.com/ <--------- My DeviantArt page
Theodora Daniela Capat <------------------FACEBOOB! xD
hello guys, thank you all for the wonderful replies.
i'm sorry i barely have time to check on all your work, i promise to take a day off really soon and dedicate it to replying to all of you.
I believe i can let these go now, here's an overview and some details from my most recently finished sketchbook:
OH MAN!!! Is there a way to thank a post TWICE?!
Those are friggin amazing!
Not particularly architecturally sound, but awesome looking!
Any example that i will study closely for further practice, very cool use of good perspective and space.
- - - - - - - - - -
Things I Do Weekly -- sketchbook
Wasted - The game's production sketchbook
Ctrl+Paint, a place for beginners, many helpful videos!
- - - - - - - - - -
man those are awesome sketches and concepts. I looked through your sketchbook and you are a great inspiration!
Hey guys, thank you for the wonderful comments.
Alot of people have been asking me about my daily routine for drawing / painting. So here it is:
- wake up around 10 AM + / - 30 minutes
- have coffee, leave to the office
- on the way to the office - tram and subway sketching, i usually spend about 1 hour on the way to work so plenty of time to sketch
- at the office - all sorts of TV preproduction work, mattepainting sometimes, storyboards, etc, whatever needs to be done
- during the office hours i try to squeeze in at least one color study every day
- i spend roughly 8-10-12 hours at the office depending on work load
- in the evening - go back home, with the bus. the traffic is heavy at that hour so it gives me ~1.5 hours of more sketching
- get back home - shower, food, cup of cofee
- i start painting / drawing on personal pieces, freelance comissions or Nao Studios work from ~22:00 to ~3:00 AM
- around 3:00 AM i get to bed with a sketchbook and draw action poses from some printed pages i have or comics until i fall asleep [maybe 4 or 5 AM]
- wake up around 10 - restart cycle.
So that's it, hope it answers the question
Here's what i've been up to recently, some color studies i do during office hours. all around 1 hour or 1.5 hours. Plus there's a whole bunch of things i can't show but you're already used to that..
oh and something older from Wasted:
thank you all for the comments and visits, cheers!
Fancy brushwork above, and I especially love the simplicity of the creature.
It kind of reminds me of a 'buggier' version of a zergling
yer schtuff is friggin amazing, a true inspiration.
Well, before these studies, i was using only simple round brushes, and for the Brink inspired characters on this page i used a hexagon brush for the entire piece. I liked working with really simple brushes. I still do, for certain things [such as the creature designs, those are done with a simple round brush with 100% opacity, about 3px wide]
Now i'm trying to vary things a little more. The landscape studies are done using the brushes Hannes [Algenpfleger] made available. I'm pretty much happy with how they work, i haven't changed a single setting yet but i'm sure i will in time.
there's the brushes!
awesome stuff love the enviros and you are busy
I really loved your brush work
"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde
keep pushing coffee is amazing good luck with school.