To anyone who has tried in the last few weeks to reach me via e-mail, or who plans to e-mail me in the future:
Recently I've been having some horrendous problems sending and receiving e-mail, so you may have e-mailed me and one of three things may have happened:
- I didn't receive your message.
- I was not able to respond to your message.
- Both of the above.
Since I might receive your e-mail but not be able to respond, if you do e-mail me, be sure to include information to let me know where you found me, for instance:
- Name and URL for the forum, and your user name there
- Name and URL for the e-mail list and your user name there
- Newsgroup name where you found me and your user name there, and the URL for another forum and your user name there.
This will give me an alternate way of responding if sending e-mail or sending to the newsgroup doesn't work.
If you're able to contact me via the forum's PM system I'll try to respond.
If you're able to contact me via the e-mail list (I read most e-mail lists on the web), I'll try to respond there and we can arrange a more private way of communicating if that's appropriate.
If you're able to post a message to me in the newsgroup, let me know of a forum you visit where I might be able to respond publicly or via a PM.
It looks like it's going to take a while to solve this problem as it involves:
- One ISP for old but still needed dial-up
- Two web hosting companies
- DSL provider
- E-mail client tech support
- Virus scanner company
- Moving one of my sites to another web hosting company
- Having the original company point my domain name to the new server
- Having Network Solutions take over management of my domain name
There are many more details, but that's more than enough for me, thank you very much!
Thanks, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
P.S. When this problem is solved, I'll try to remember to post a message here to let you know everything's back to normal.