Greetings Painter Users:
Corel today unveiled the Corel® Painter™ IX.5 update. New enhancements in Corel Painter IX.5 include:
• Photo Painting Palettes – The new Photo Painting Palettes, including the Underpainting, Auto-Painting, and Restoration palettes, work together to help users kick-start the process of creating a beautiful hand-painted work of art from a photograph.
• Support for Rosetta running on Intel-based Macs – Customers running the latest hardware from Apple can enjoy working with Corel Painter and their Wacom® pen tablet, including support for the Wacom Intuos® 3 and the 6D Art Pen.?
• Eraser Tool – Conveniently located in the toolbox, the new Eraser tool erases any medium on the canvas.?
• Rubber Stamp Tool – The Rubber Stamp tool makes it easy for users to set up point-to-point cloning. Located in the toolbox, this tool lets users set a source and destination reference point, enabling them to clone within an image file or between different areas of separate image files.?
• Cloner Tool – Conveniently located in the toolbox, the Cloner tool provides immediate access to the last-used Cloner brush and brush variant.?
• Corel® Paint Shop™ Pro Support for Windows Users – Users can now open Corel Paint Shop™ Pro files (versions 9 and X).?
• Send to Corel® Photo Album™ for Windows Users – New integration makes it easy to send files to Corel Photo Album™, helping customers manage their images and paintings.
Registered Painter Customers can immediately download the Painter IX.5 Update for free.
Pricing and Availability
Designed for both Macintosh and Windows, the Corel Painter IX.5 update is available for free to registered Corel Painter IX customers. Corel Painter IX.5 is also available for purchase by new customers from www.corel.com at the suggested retail price of $429 US ($579 CDN) for the full version, $229 US ($309 CDN) for the upgrade version and $99 US ($119 CDN) for the education edition. Corel Painter IX.5 will be available through Corel's reseller partners starting in April.
More information is available at Corel's website.
Viva la Painter!