It's been a long time coming, a one month challenge with ONE topic to be done by all.
Topic A boy and his "dog". (boy+dog; boy+giant mech, etc. Put in a scene/treat it as a char design).
•must be a boy, but the 'age' is open to interpretation just like 'dog' is open to interpretation.
•sorry, 'boy' cannot be interpreted as 'girl'.
DUE DATE 1 [WIPs] midnight of Saturday, March 4 (PST) - everyone must post their wips as if this was a real client project, but mainly just to show your competitor that you mean business.
DUE DATE 2 [FINALs]=midnight of Saturday, March 18 (PST) - please do not send redehlert your actual files. Post your files to your servers/hosts and then send me a link to the file as an email. Email your link to redehlert at "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Here's the list of combatants so far:
From the Cold, Wet Pit of the NorthWest (aka Seattle or Arena.net) (full, no more entrants):
redehlert, undertow,coondoggle, prehistoric, tagheuer, flaptraps,
dougbot, prostate sunrise, ragnar x, corn pony, orcatraz,
winwinja, tinfoil, stokes, nathanicus, m.c. barrett
From sunny and balmy SoCal [aka TEAM LASER EXPLOSION] (full, no more entrants):
trevor, sinix, matt smith, misledtomisery, phuzion,
character, groover McNab, evil disco, smitherines, helium macaroni,
llothcat, JAGrello, red dude, magicgoo, hell taxi, gygaxis
Redehlert v Trevor
Orcatraz v JAGrello
Undertow v Phuzion
Prostate Sunrise v Matt Smith
Flaptraps v Sinix
Stokes v EvilDisco
coondoggle v helium macaroni
dougbot v groover McNab
tinfoil v character
prehistoric v misleadtomisery
tagheuer v red_dude
winwinja v smitherines
ragnar x v magicgoo
corn pony v hell taxi
nathanicus v llothcat
m.c. barrett v gygaxis
1. This is a one month competition to begin once all pairings are in place.
2. This is also a competition where you must post WIPs by the due date #1 listed above. No last minute b.s. We mean business, because that's what it's like.
3. Any medium is okay, except Photos. Yes, you can do sculpture or 3D, but it would be cooler if the person you're battling is doing the same thing, imho.
4. All final entries will have to be emailed to redehlert as LINKS. Please do not send me your entry. Redehlert's email is 'email@example.com'
3. Your entry will need this label: "yournameVbattlersname_tdome.jpg"
4. Your entries should be RGB and approximately 9x11.25" at 300 dpi (yes, this is hi-res).* Pixel dimension for this size is 2,700 x 3,375.
5. When you have your final entry, scale your piece down to 72 ppit with an end size of approximately 648 x 810 ppi.
*Why Hi-res? Trevor, being a total stud, is going to print out the winners and will need the high-end files to be ftp'd to him. He has access to a stellar printer and so think of this as portfolio material people. You will need to coordinate with Trevor with respect to s/h.
That's all for the rules right now.
Judges: DSillustration, Spinefinger, and Matt Dixon!