As the subject already stated, I got three times €10 in vouchers from uni for volunteering, that I can use in various shops (garden centers, Home Depot style stores, book stores (with non-existent art section, safe from some "How-to-draw books) and a few warehouses).
So, I figured I'd spend it all on art materials!
I'm a super beginner at drawing, so I kind of feel like the only things I really need are paper and a pencil and perhaps a ruler …which I already have. So I'm a little at a loss of what I could get, that would be useful for me.
I also dabble a bit in oil paints, but since they only sell overpriced student grade paints, I won't be getting any new colors.
Here are some things that I could think of, but if anyone has any ideas, or feels/knows that the things I listed are a waste of money, please let me know!
- hand model, poseable, made of wood (approximately €10) - Only one warehouse's crappy art section had some models, but I can only choose between this hand, and an educative anatomy model of a cow, a giraffe or a tooth. :/ I was really hoping to find a human skeleton or something.
- desk lights to study shading (approximately €5-€7 per piece)
- more A4 paper (approximately 3 euro per 400-500 sheets)
- a stick (to make a magnificent sighting stick)… I'm trying really hard here to find something I could spend these vouchers on. :p
Though, I already have a really long, see through ruler, so I figure I can use that as a sighting stick as well?
- More Turpentine/ Turpenoid (what is the odourless one called in English?) (about 4.50 euro for 125mL, though I already have 2 125mL bottles)
- Acrylic -based Gesso (approximately €18, though I already have one litre of the stuff)
- wood for canvas frames
So, yes, any ideas would be much appreciated!