So I've been working on this piece for a week now, and here are some stuff about the piece:
- I tried to insert the focal point to the bottom-right, and used the trees and branches as some kind of gesture to lead towards the focal point. However, I noticed the largest pillar is rather distracting, and I tried to fix that by putting a lamp thing beside it and also adding fire rings around the focal point to cover the pillar.
- I put the sky and skyscrapers to add some atmosphere and depth. Not sure if it's a good idea or not (should I crop it?) but I'd hate to see it go.
- I had the girl's clothes bluish black to contrast the skin and flames around her. Do I need to add more things to make the focal point pop?
- The wall behind the girl looks a bit plain and undetailed to me, but I have no idea what to add.
- I like the rough brush strokes that's going on at the moment and I don't plan to make it look matte-ish.
Also, if there are any other things that you spotted, please tell me. I for some reason really love this piece (perhaps I've been sketching and doing still life too much recently and just wanted to do something imaginative for a break) and am trying my best to save it from being horrible. Thanks in advance.