If a mod could pin this that would be dandy
And the topic for Team Challenge is....
Your team is to choose from the following items and design and a world.
Teams of 2 must choose at least 3 items.
Teams of 3 must choose at least 4 items.
Teams of 4 must choose at least 5 items.
Teams of 5 must choose at least 6 items.
You cannot count two of the same item towards your minimum (though you could do two if you wanted to do extra)
- This character is a native of the homeland and its guardian. His/her duty is to protect it from an imminent harm. This might be an innocent character protecting its homeland from incoming malice, or it could even be an evil character preparing for karmic wrath; it's up to you. You must include at least two views of the character (example, front and back), and all of the character must be visible (no cropping). Characters must be humanoid.
- The creature could be a pet or steed of the character, or it could be some kind of livestock the character is trying to protect. Use your imagination, but the creature must be an inhabitant of the homeland. You must include at least two views of the creature (example, front and back), and all of the creature must be visible (no cropping). Creatures can not be humanoid, and may only have accessories which the character might have put on them.
-The homeland itself. This can be any kind of environment you choose, but you must indicate that there is some kind of civilization there. One full image of the environment is fine, but it would be useful to include accompanying drawings detailing different parts of the environment.
-This piece of industry could be a weapon, a vehicle, or any piece of industrial design you can imagine that will help the character to protect the homeland. This must include three angles (example, front, back and top), and all of the object must be visible (no cropping).
-A full illustration which must include at least two of the above and feature some kind of narrative relating to the homeland. For example, maybe the character is preparing the industrial object for a fight, or perhaps it shows the creature in the environment, fighting an onslaught of enemies.
A minimum of two pages of sequential art which feature a story that takes place in the timeline. It must include some of the above elements. It doesn't need to be a complete story; it can be a glimpse into what life in the homeland is like as it prepares for the onslaught, it could show the actual fight, etc, as long as it ties into the world you're creating.
-Remember that you want all of the items you choose to design to feel unified. The character and creature should look like they belong to the environment. The industrial design should look like something that is possible to build given the resources of the environment. Etc, etc.
-You may choose any genre, era or art style that you like. "Homeland Guardian" is intentionally a bit vague so that you can be as imaginative as possible.
-When you have a team, start a thread called TEAM CHAL: Team Name Here, and post the work that you do with your team in that thread. Try to stay as active as possible - it will allow you and your team mates to stay on the same page and allow other people to drop by and offer helpful input.
The Final Submission Thread will go up one week before deadline. The deadline will is Sunday, November 18, at 11:59 pm GMT - 5, Eastern Standard Time. There is no deadline to start your team, but of course the sooner you begin, the more work you can get done before the deadline. Please use this thread to find a team.
1. One team member will be in charge of posting the final entry to the submission thread. Present your work however you want, but remember that presentation counts.
2. WIPs are not necessary with your final submission, but you must provide a link to your thread which contains WIPs and shows that all team mates were working together.
3. Please submit files with this naming convention: TeamChow_TeamName_Image001.jpg
The winner of this competition will be determined in a voting thread, as is the usual with the weekly activities, and spoils will go to the victor! Each member of the winning team will receive some incredible prizes including:
1. All downloads from the ConceptArt.org online store
2. Greenlight Summit On Demand
3. TAD Explore
Feel free to use this thread for general discussion and suggestions.
The challenge begins now!