Ok, so here's the deal. I'm gonna (try to) keep this short and sweet.
I am TERRIBLE at practicing. TERRIBLE. I wanna get better, a LOT better. Now, I am not an art student and dont have an unlimited amount of free time, however, I realized that I was able to find time to play video games. Why? Because they were competitive. I am currently taking a break from video gaming, (since it was so much time) and I wanna grind (hehe gaming terms) my art skills. But I feel like I cant get out of my comfort zone and really push myself. Thus, the title of this thread, COME AT ME BRO! I want YOU to give me
assignmentsEPIC QUESTS to help push me to the next level. Pretty much anything goes.
LONG TERM GOALS:
1. Get the skills needed to make the epic graphic novel that has been floating around in my head for a long time now. But I'm scared to start working on it until I am significantly more confident in my abilities.
2. Have fun getting there
SHORT/MID TERM GOALS:
1. More variety in my ability to draw characters (more aggressive pov, more dynamic poses, better expressions, different body types)
2. COLOR (I understand basic color theory, but I need to learn to implement it)
4. Finishing Work (I sketch a LOT but dont make many "finished works")
ASSIGNMENT RULES (really more like guidelines)
1. Assignments can be very specific to very open-ended.
2. Please try to add variety, if I just did 20 figure studies, please dont make me do 20 more.
3. Remember that this is supposed to be time efficient, so repetitive assignments arent bad, just possibly inefficient, on that note sending me a like to a good Photoshop tutorial counts as efficient (I'm learning a lot, fast).
4. I reserve the right to reject an assignment, however once I accept an assignment, I must finish what I start and post the results.
5. Also, in the interests of getting through these reasonably quickly, I would suggest that you limit the length of each assignment to less that 10 hours of work.
6. I have been bad about posting stuff in the past and have a lot of stuff that isn't online so base your assignments on what you see in this thread.
7. Also, while not required, an explanation of why the assignment would be helpful for me would be great too
#1: Skarpy's Prismatic Figures - Draw 6 figure sketches: (2) with red pencil, (2) with green and (2) with a usual one. However, sketches have to be thorough (approximately 45 minutes each) with major details and shades, 10 minutes of 30 second or 1 minute warm-up sketches before beginning is required. - Quest reward: Gauntlet of the Tadpole, 50xp
#2: Lyraina and the Eternal Landscape - Focus on landscapes with depth through atmospheric perspective. Draw/paint (10) landscapes, (3) 30 minute rough studies, (3) 1 hour quickies, (3) 2 hour finished works, (1) BOSS: 3+ hour painting, PROVE WHAT YOU LEARNED. - Quest reward: Ranger's Knife, 30gp, 200xp