DISCLAIMER: You might notice that this weeks challenge page looks a little...bare. This is due to a new banner being made with all the new shiny rules and whatnot and at the moment I don't have access to photoshop, so watch this space! If you have any questions or queries about the rule changes and/or brief simply ask and I will do my best to answer as quickly as I can.
Character of the Week #252
-Create a design for a Beastmaster character in a video game-
DEADLINE: SUNDAY 17th JULY 2011, 9PM GMT+1
Check your timezone!
This weeks challenge is to create a Beastmaster character for a new RPG videogame. The character is part expert hunter and part primal shaman, using both skill and ancient magic to survive. The Beastmaster is linked to a single animal spirit, similar to the native american animal guide. Through this spirit, the Beastmaster is able to communicate and control all other animals of that type, example: If the Beastmaster’s spirit animal is a snake, then they will be able to control snakes in general.
In addition, the Beastmaster’s ‘armor’ needs to reflect their animal as well as including a number of shamanistic items and symbols.
Designing for a game:
This design is for a videogame character so don’t worry about it needing to be realistic. You will also need to consider the key elements which usually appear in RPG armor such as shoulders, chest piece, leg wear, gloves/bracers, belts, boots and helm, however the most important item to remember is the weapon! It needs to be just as interesting as the armor and fit to the character it belongs to.
- Can be male or female
- Must be a HUMAN character
- Armor needs to adhere to basic RPG standards
- Must include an interesting weapon design
- Primarily a LEATHER and CLOTH wearing class
- Specific animal must be clear in design
- Can be any time, style or genre - you are not restricted to the typical Fantasy RPG
In addition to the brief, if you do not follow these rules, you will not be included in the poll.
- Files must be named: CHoW#252_Username
(Files with any other names such as final.jpg or even chow252final.jpg will not be accepted)
- Finals must be posted in the finals thread BEFORE the deadline
- Final post must include the CHoW number and the artists username at the bottom of the image
- At least 3/4 of the focus character must be visible
- Final images must be accompanied with a basic character sheet in a separate image
Character sheets should at the very least show a sketch of the front and back of the character and a couple of early thumbnails/silhouettes.
- Follow the brief!