Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones, smart phones and downloadable games for consoles. Established in 1999, it has emerged as one of the top innovators in its field and is recognized by its peers and its clients for the quality of its games.
Following its strategy of constantly delivering top games to players worldwide, Gameloft is now opening a new creation studio in Madrid, Spain.
In order to create the successes of tomorrow, Gameloft Madrid is hiring:
2D PIXEL ARTIST / iPhone & iPad – Mobile phones
Job Description & Environment:
As member of the art team, you will be responsible for creating all the 2D graphical assets for iPhone or mobile phones games, from the first concept phases to the completion of the project.
- Ability to draw and create and animated characters, tilesets and special effects on a pixel basis.
- Important: Knowledge of pixel art and/or vectorial art, as well as 2D animation.
- Great visual creativity and passion for video game creation and art.
- Essential: Proficient in Photoshop and/or Flash.
- Knowledge about optimization of computer art.
- Good artistic drawing skills (concept art).
- Complying with deadlines and milestones established by the project leads
- Fluent English.
- Sense of aesthetics: knowledge in specific referents (cinema, painting, sculpture) or artistic schools that allow creating some general stylistic guides.
- Experience in modeling and animation.
- Able to work with 3DS Max in low polygon counts.
- Higher education degree in fine arts, applied arts, or other related fields (applications from self-taught candidates are also accepted).
- Experience in cartoons and comics is an asset.
- Opportunity to work in a newly created studio and learn in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games.
- Open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
- Salary based upon experience and merit.
- Promotion possibilities: lead artist.
- Permanent contract, full-time job and additional merit pay system.
- We are offering relocation support for candidates willing to move to Madrid.
About Gameloft Madrid:
- The Madrid studio is being opened to create ambitious and outstanding video games of any genre for the iPhone/iPad and mobile phones to be distributed in more than 150 countries.
- We are looking for talented and motivated people willing to participate in creating the successes of the future to join us in this adventure!
- Over 50 titles in Gameloft’s catalogue have already sold over one million copies.
Interested applicants should send their CV and samples or demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: “Pixel Artist”