Round 78 :: Design Brief
I've been wishing for something different to happen for ages, this idea of concepts and a brief has been going around in my head. I saw over at www.CGPAD.org
that they had something similiar and asked If I could use one of the briefs for us over here at TC. I've edited it to give more choices and freedom because that in my opinion is what teen challenge is about. Freedom to express your creativity
Our imaginary games development studio has come to the Teen Challenge to find kick ass concept art. They need an awesome group of artists [you!] to create some concept art peices for their new PS3 project. Here's the brief:
Mixed team of early 20th century explorers on an expedition to remote parts of the Great Rift Valley. Lead explorers stumble upon a huge sink-hole that leads down to a subterranean 'lost world'. But strange noises are heard over the radio and communication is mysteriously lost, and now, the team back at base-camp must attempt a rescue...
Concepts required for initial game art direction [please choose]
- Initial panorama of a remote Great Rift Valley location.
- Lead exploration team having just reached the bottom, surveying the darkness.
- Lead exploration team moving through - point of lost contact!
- Base-camp near the sink-hole, showing start of descent by lead team
- Members of the exploration team
- The rescue as it happens!
- Creatures which may be in this "lost world"
- The Sinkhole
- The first view of the "lost world"
- Inhabitants of the "lost world"
I've left this open so you have a choice of creatures, environments, characters or illustrations, heck even story boards if you like it. The point is the PS3 project is still in early development, there's no set direction yet and all concept art is needed so feel free to design whatever part you like, you can do more than one part and link them together. The point is be creative, push and enjoy yourself.
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 :: 7GMT
1. Add a border around your image with your name and the topic, like they do with the other of the week challenges.
2. Please use the attachment manager from now on, it helps preserve the images forever and beyond.
3. Mark your final as final.
Good Luck everyone and enjoy yourself!