Hey there guys!
Tommoy: - I do love the building-esque tower, hopefully you can play around with that one a bit. Oh and yea, the update on the Ace of Wands....AWESOME! As for the common element for the Aces, I still don't mind the mount. The northern lights could work for me. I don't mind the mount either.
Nic - Digging the sketches for Judgment. I like the third one best, but I agree with Tom and maybe try and rework the comp a bit? All in all though a strong start, I hope the other projects don't cut into your time too much.
B-man - Looking forward to seeing some progress, let's see if we can't nail down that unifying factor.
Here's some progress on my end.
1. Spent a bit on my Death character, took Tom's suggestion and added bit of skull, some furry boots and scarf and she's Norse right? Hah, I don't know guys all the rendering in the world won't take away the boring. Oh and although composition wise the moon is cool, lighting wise it makes no sense. May scrap it.
2. Sorry bout the toon-ish nature, but I was trying to get my point across with color quickly. I got the idea that Death rides through a field of dead, they're souls awaken and begin to mount the ghost horses that Death has brought with him, and away they ride into the pale blue moonlight.
3. A quick sketch, cliche, no?
4. Onto the comp studies. I like this one the best. Moon accenting the figure. Death, on his Death horse, and ghost horses cascading back. Bodies in the foreground, middle, background. Souls rising to meet their steeds.
5. Playing with camera angles, overhead shot of the same scene. A bit cramped, but I kinda like it. Not as much as the first though.
6. Same story, different perspective. I like this one the second best. It really sets Death out front and center. I may elaborate.
So yea, major arcana coming along.
Aces wises, I agree with Nic that a unifying characteristic should be used. I'm loving Tom and B-man's progress. I'd hate to have to pick something that would drastically change either design. I'd look for similarities between the two. I did like Tom's idea of B-man character riding an owl, but if that creates too many problems we can look at the northern lights, Norse mythology, wardobe, location, anything.
Let's keep it up guys!