Hey y'all 8D !
I've finally gathered up my guts;
and such has resulted in the creation of this particular sketchbook thread! I've been inspired and motivated by all of the threads I've seen and I'm definitely going to give this a go. I figured that I'd really like to improve my cging as well as concept art ('cause i reckon i should know how to plan ahead), so I'm going to devote some time into drawing and posting stuff up here every day (normally I'm too swamped with homework to do anything else. blech) to get my ideas down. I like to experiment with different mediums, but I'm probably going to stick to cg on here...Please feel free to comment and critique in any way you'd like to (but you don't have to 8D)- I'd appreciate that very much. It would be awesome too if you could tell me how things can be improved.
-------ABOUT ME (TL;DR? It's okay, skip ahead 8D)-------
- I'm 16 years old and still in high school; and I'm a first year IBHL Art student >_>
- I'm an Asian chick, but I am most confident when speaking, writing, reading, and typing in English ;D
- I have a pet rabbit called Harry except she's a girl, and she responds to "Gwee" a lot better.
- I love music, and it inspires me a lot - I tend to listen to metal and rock but I'm open for anything, and my some of my favourite bands are (but not limited to) Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Sinergy, Anberlin, Static-X, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, KoRn, Atreyu, Apocalyptica, Sirenia, In Flames, and Soilwork.
- I collect little figurines, and I love Death Note to death (ha), and my favourite food would be chicken.
- When I am asleep, I am easily mistaken for an invisible shrimp.
- My favourite insect would be the caterpillar, and my least favourite, ants.
- Sometimes, I'm a neat freak.
- I have a cluster of rubber grapes hanging down from my table-light, and a rubber tomato (you know, those splatty things filled with water) stuck to the ceiling.
- I'm perfectly normal, theoretically speaking...
--------------END OF ABOUT MEH----------------
Well, here goes!
Below, a drawing I did yesterday. I've never tried anything like this before (i'm trying to break away from lineart. sort of.), so I'm quite happy with it, but I think her proportions look a bit funny?