Hi there to all you artists. I will make it brief. I am studying computer game design at university and in my final year and have decided on the title "The psychology behind concept art for games" and would like to ask a few questions. If you could be so kind to answer these questions the best you can. If a question seems confusing which it probably will just skip it.
1. Where does your inspiration come from?
2. When you have a subject you want to draw. How do you go about planning your approach to the image?
3. How would you personify "Good" in a character?
4. How would you personify "Evil" in a character?
5. When adding colour to you pictures do you think about the psychological side of the colour? ie "Colour Theory"
6. What is the most important part of drawing a character when it comes to describing a characters personality. i.e eyes, body type, posture.
7. Do you know of the psychology theories behind drawing and if so what ones do you find most useful and why?. i.e colour theory, iconography, semiotics, representation.
8. What artistic style would you say your work falls under?
9. Do you ever write out your ideas before you draw them, listing what sort of things you want to be portrayed in the character. If so what do you list
10. How do you create realistic environments
11. If you have some work please put a link so i can reference them.
12. Anything else you would like to add.
thank you for your time if you have filled in some questions as i said these are just a few quick questions to get the ball rolling so i know where i need to be focusing my research.