Sketchbook: N1ck's Sketchbook - Page 2
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: N1ck's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You are making a GREAT START! You have very strong observational skills for a beginner. You see light reflections and value VERY WELL!!!!

Keep it up! Make sure to keep drawing from life a TON!

Also about my work from the studio; I can't show you it, it's under NDA. I wish I could but I have no clue when any, if any of it will be released. But not even the name of the game has been leaked, so I think it's still a few years off.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Justin, thank you veeery much (also for the tips in the pm).

---

Have been ill for the last few days but that doesnt mean i was not drawing
    I realized that my sb looks just boring, so little color in here… so i did some color thingies without knowing how to use color. but i think that doesnt matter because it was a lot of fun.

I have more to show soon, just wanted to give a life sign (no matter if anybody reads this)

All (obviously) from mind, just experimenting with colors, formats and artrage. There is no idea behind the first one, i didnt even want to paint something near kitsch.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work on those studies. Just keep at them and remember to just do them over and over. It may not be very fun but it will improve you line and shading quality. Keep doing the work from reference and find a couple of good figure drawing books to work from. I like Hogarth, Loomis and Barcsay. Keep drawing and keep having fun!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, thanks silvestri! I have some books for figure study (anatomy for the artist by sarah simblet which has very good reference; the hogarth books dyn. anatomy and dyn. fig. drawing, 2 books from bridgman and another very good book by vanderpoel) I also started to to do a bit of this and that but I should focus on one thing. And thanks for the barcsay tip, maybe its an nice alternative, ill have a look at it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, i made some totaly crap today, the colors are really awful. Ill start to study color from now on, just couldnt take the time today.

I tried to copy a photo with color pencil but didnt have the colors i needed (cause i have only 12 colors ). I didnt want to copy it with false color so i left it unfinished…it should be a building which is left white btw.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Nick... stuff is still looking good. You are braver than me to try colors. heh.

I am not sure if you are going for the bright sort of look or not but if you are going for a more realistic type painting I think your colors are far too saturated. Just ignore me if you want this bright look.

Keep it up man!

Sketchbook.

"Art is the proper task of life. "
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Nick,
    u are very many-sided in your expression. I was only looking for the figure stuff! Hope u show some human stuff too in the next time.
    You are on the damn right way with all your different studies!

i am a lil bit envious because i draw too much figure-stuff ;-)

keep drawin/paintin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeWontWait View Post
    Hey Nick... stuff is still looking good. You are braver than me to try colors. heh.

I am not sure if you are going for the bright sort of look or not but if you are going for a more realistic type painting I think your colors are far too saturated. Just ignore me if you want this bright look.

Keep it up man!
    Thank you for posting. I definitely *not* want that bright look, mostly im drawing this "dark" pics. It was just a time i wanted to try colors (and i will keep with them after im better with the values), but generally I dont want to achieve any style, I just do what I want to in that moment and what seems interesting. Just trying things out…
    I noticed that the saturation on some was extremely on some very high. I think it was on the one side blindness on the other i wanted to contrast my work with doing sth very different what i usually do (and dont show cause it looks bad and I know what i have to do to make it look good ).

Quote Originally Posted by chr!z View Post
    Hi Nick,
    u are very many-sided in your expression. I was only looking for the figure stuff! Hope u show some human stuff too in the next time.
    You are on the damn right way with all your different studies!

i am a lil bit envious because i draw too much figure-stuff ;-)

keep drawin/paintin
    Thanks for the comment! Yes, Im working on figures. I planned this saturday to be a whole headstudy day with sculpting the head (in 3d), anatomy studies and ref. studies…

---
    No art for now, first have to photograph and upload some stuff when i find more time.
    I did quite some stuff but most just doesnt need to be shown here because i know the mistakes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey N1ck,

One thing that helped me learn and keep drawing fun was switching between different mediums.

I started with pencil but realized my pencil drawings were scribbly and random so I decided to use a brush pen (when you use a brush pen you only get one chance to make a good mark). This forced me to really think and analyze every mark before I made it, and really helped the way I see.

You have a good imagination, which is important! Keep drawing from both imagination and life. Keep it interesting, I have fun trying different mediums and each one helps me learn specific things. Using different mediums might be fun and work for you.

There's no shortcuts to getting better, just keep practicing and you will get better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey finalknight, thank you for the tips! Yep, my line quality, esp with pencil is definitely a problem. I will try to sketch with a brushpen, seems to be a good idea.

i noticed that my imagination is much better in the night time, around 1 to 4 am, the thing is that under school time there is no chance to stay up that long just for imaginational drawings…

and according to your sketchbook: you should put a link in your signature, otherwise noone will know where to find it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ey, lad mal wieder was hoch

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bald

and what comes in my mind when i see this sb:
    OMG! what a hole lotta shit in here : /
    I have to change that soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Soo, bei mir kann man jetzt umblättern, und was ist mit deinen Uploads? Komm schoon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nick, another quick suggestion for you. Try practicing your tones and values a bit. Remove the color and just work monochrome to get your contrast straight, then try moving back into color. Keep working at it!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you should realy paint from pics or life when you are trying to learn colors.
    Its beter to learn how it realy works than how you think it dos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks a lot guys ;D

funny... im just getting back into it and u seemd to know that before i even posted anything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1