Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Strifen's Sketchenation

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments everyone! im not sure how much more frequent my posting will be what with the Cow 100 going on. I'm definatly in on that action, and i'm sure it'll kill much of normal sketchbook time as well as vampire hunting time. But here's a bit more brain throw-up!

Crits encouraged, even if it's something little, thanks!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Strifen, have I told you lately how much I dig yer sketchbook? It is the awesome-sauce. 'Nuff said.
    Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Thanks
    That makes me feel all warm and squishy on the inside! haha! thanks!

Thanks
    This stuff is amazing. Seriously. You have a great understanding of light and shadows, and a lot of creativity. And GREAT skill with the pencil. How long have you been in the business of art?

My pet peeve with your stuff is the faces. Like the female's face in your last pencil sketch, it looks very weird. The eyes are a little bit too round and high up while the nose could stand to be put up a little more. And her lips are huge.
    Also, I notice your characters in establishing shots tend to lean a little to the left (at least in the last bunch they do) ,common in righties. Do you draw out the mannequin and flesh it out, or go from the outside in?

Great work man, keep it up.

Thanks
    Well i guess i'm not in the biz yet technicly. I'm a freshman at college. i've been keeping a sketchbook scince jr high. thank you for the compliments.

I see what you mean about the faces of the ladies. That should be better. I'll make more of an effort to improve those faces. more life drawings for the win!
    I've actually never noticed things leaning to the left before! but i do see what you mean. I am a righty afterall. thanks again!

Thanks
    Hey! I've missed your stuff! The point about the faces is a good one. I also noticed the biceps on the ladies read a bit off as well. Some more life drawings will definately help. I'd also like to see your beasties in their entirety and see all of the anatamy! I really enjoy your pics of kids; this one with ralph is pretty sweet. Keep up the good work Cat!

Thanks
    hey dude, just one thing to add to the comments already made, your chicks have man arms. They are big and thick like they have all just been to the gym. and i like all the little details in the ralph sketch. Keep going man. great stuff.

Thanks
    In a further effort to get out of ruts i have with female kind, todays page featured seaveral women facial studies, and of course a beastie just to offset things a little bit.

crimson13- i think that would be a very beneficial activity for me to hash out all the anatomy. that would be tons of fun!

vcoleman- nice catch on the man arms! haha! i'll watch out for that in the future, thanks.

thanks everyone for the feed back, stay tuned!

Thanks
    More! Keep going Cat! /clap

Thanks
    HAHAH i just found the companion cube smiley !

Well between battles with the cow 100 i did get somemore sketch book in. so here's a little bit of an update! I've also included some of the anatonomical studies i've liked. more when the cow wars finally come to an end.

Thanks
    Oh one more small post - On Oct. 31st my mom has her birthday! i wanted to give her something special, from the heart. You know something that expresses my great apreciation for her. so i decided to print this on a new apron for her!

I heart bazookas!

Thanks
    Tadpoles are lovely. Nice anatomical studies. Now you've gone and inspired me to draw some more...
    ---- -
    sehertu mannu narāṭu ina pānāt šagapīru ningishzidda
    abrahadabra

Thanks
    Lolz! Now that is an apron design. 8)

Yeah, nice tadpoles And hand studies... and women's faces... lovely stuff, as usual

Cheers
    Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.