Art: Finally posting.. :D
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Finally posting.. :D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Finally posting.. :D

Hi everyone~!
    I've been on CA for... a while now, I lurk a lot. I mean... a lot, hehe. But I've never really mustered up the courage to post something, so I'm making that effort now!

I'm not sure if my work should be in this catagory, if it should be in the critique one feel free to shove my thread over there

Here are some of my most recent works~!

these were some warhammer inspired dark elf designs i did last weekend, i dark elves!
    sorry for the sidescrolling you'll have to endure if you don't have widescreen

This is Link from Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time)... I had always wanted to paint him, and finally got the chance earlier this year~! I painted him somewhere between kid link and adult link. For those who are bothered by his girliness, I apologize, but I always saw him this cute in my mind haha.
    I know the background could use a lot of work, I wanted it somewhat washed out but it looks a little too fake the longer I stare at it. If someone could give me some tips and point me in the right direction Id be very grateful!

This was done eariler this year for a contest at my school. The theme I chose was caged birds. Oh I won the contest, yaaay!

Thanks for looking!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Ellingsworth Guest
    Lol, what's up man. The funny thing is I just saw this today on DA, but try to keep that on the down low around here lol...

Awesome stuff, I'm a big fan of the Zelda series GREAT games! hope to see more from you soon!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiasin View Post
    Lol, what's up man. The funny thing is I just saw this today on DA, but try to keep that on the down low around here lol...

Awesome stuff, I'm a big fan of the Zelda series GREAT games! hope to see more from you soon!
    Thank you~! ^^
    And keep DA on the down low..?

Ellingsworth Guest
    Most people around here, and when I say most I mean 95% Don't like it and will usually dismiss you as bad if you come from there, I personally like the site it has many talented artists just sometimes it is hard to find them. Another thing for people not liking it, I think I have heard something about an agreement you sign when signing up that gives Deviant ART permission to use your work as they please..? not sure just heard about this.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Most people around here, and when I say most I mean 95% Don't like it and will usually dismiss you as bad if you come from there, I personally like the site it has many talented artists just sometimes it is hard to find them. Another thing for people not liking it, I think I have heard something about an agreement you sign when signing up that gives Deviant ART permission to use your work as they please..? not sure just heard about this.
    I can understand that haha. I don't like DA much myself anymore, which is why I'm migrating over here. I do have lots of friends there though so probably won't ever completely leave. But yes... about 95% of DA is actually crap. I don't go on the main page anymore.. unless I feel like seeing some underage anime boys molesting eachother lol~ I keep the good artists I find on my watch list and just check my inbox

I'm not sure about that agreement though, I don't remember the last time I read the ToS thingy.. but I've never seen or had any trouble with it :0

Ellingsworth Guest
    Yeah, agree completely, if you stay around here long enough and you will soon see that your growing in skill so much, Very informative site and good for learning but I've always thought of Deviant ART as a social or fun art community, not a serious one, as this one is. You should definitely start a sketch book, I'm going to soon, if I can just get a damn scanner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, agree completely, if you stay around here long enough and you will soon see that your growing in skill so much, Very informative site and good for learning but I've always thought of Deviant ART as a social or fun art community, not a serious one, as this one is. You should definitely start a sketch book, I'm going to soon, if I can just get a damn scanner.
    DA is like an arty version of myspace imo XD
    I think I will start up a sketchbook soon, I always love browsing them... ^^

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.