Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: nightmare of the week part 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had
    Thanks

nightmare of the week part 1

Nightmare Of The Week Activity

Introduction:
    Me and Manny strangely got the idea at the same time. I think it was Tuesday...but it could've been Monday.
    I think it's that weird brother thing. Separated by few thousands of miles of roads. towns and fields, and all the other crap you can find in between, we simultaneously thought of this new activity... and then decided to give it a go.
    Obviously the succes of this little project depends on people participating...
    So-all you horror lovers out there find few moments of your time to post your entries here and m a y b e one day this activity will stand next to COW, 3CH, CHOW and EOW. Even if you don't participate please spread the word around so we can get new recruits.

One more thing- your artwork doesn't have to be top-notch. Of course it would be ideal if you put 100% of your skills in it....but it's equally important to have a great idea and share it with others, to express yourselves in your own original and unique ways.

This piece of space is dedicated to those who like creepiness, to those who like to scare and to be scared. It might be a total failure, sure, but it can also be a chance to create something new...so help us out here and DRAW!

P.S. Me and Manuel Calavera are both gonna be hosts of this activity, answer all the questions and hopefully organize the poll. For the first topic we'll give it 2 weeks and see how it goes.

I will just remind that the topic is on top of the page.
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; June 14th, 2007 at 07:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Sorry will post a description soon but i thought i would try n get the ball rolling maybe ? ;o

Thanks
    Now Razorb, this is superb! Wonderful start of this activity. Love the colours and the idea of a stitched up belly,,, Please pop in later with a description that would explain events in a dream.

I've been told to lead by giving example...so here's mine.

" I was about 7 years old when I had it... In my dream my mother was reading a book to me. Then-all of a sudden she started swelling up and change into that disgusting enormous thing that threw up on my bed with sticky radioactive green vomit... Then-obviously- I woke up."
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; June 15th, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks
    fun topic although nightmares are not always gory, bloody or even involve barfing. and the surreal quality of them ...should be addressed. Horror can be waaay more subtle.
    I don't think this has the potential to be a weekly. but lets see. what happens, feell free to hollar at me boyz if you need tech help with polls etc

chaos
    To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Thanks Chaos, your patronage over this activity will be most apreciated.
    Sure horror can be more subtle. Sure there is no need for barfing... But this is just one of the faces of horror. Violence in art is reasonably easy but can be fun. Deeper subtle side of it is more difficult to achieve but can teach us things about ourselves we had no idea about... Well, you choose which you wanna go for. I love gory films like Dawn Of The Dead but in the same time I'm inspired by Hitchcock's stories which could be no less frightening...
    Oh, and I'm waiting for your entry Chaos!

Thanks
    Hey, this sounds great - count me in. Hopefully this will gain popularity, although it may be a little 'niche' to gain a large following. Mr Reaper, you get extra kudos for mentioning Dawn of the Dead, which is probably my favourite film. I've seen it countless times. Perhaps a zombie-themed topic may be suitable for the future? Anyway, I'll be sure to submit something within the next two weeks.

Thanks
    Love this activity idea, although I'm with Chaos in injecting different varieties of horror along with the wild fun of Buckets o' Gore. Will definitely be participating in future competitions; other work prevents me from hitting this week's. Stick around, guys!

Thanks

Thanks
    Will try to post something from me asap! Very cool idea for thread!
    As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
    - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip

Thanks
    Its so awesome to have this activity,i must participate.

Thanks
    Matthew Campbell- zombie themed topic is a "must". Thanks for believing in this Mr Campbell. We'll do our best to popularize this activity and will come up with the darkest and most gruesome topics. I've only seen Dawn Of The Dead twice... but I cried in enjoyment all the way through
    Bear Jr- will do. I just thought that straightforward gory brutal topics would be more catchy at first...But I'm all up for it! We'll think of all the different aspects of horror.
    Evil Sloth- well done. Like this attitude. Lets see your black depressing frightening dream Mr Sloth...
    MrozekArt- liczymy na ciebie kolego. Zbierz kogo sie da i rysujcie!Can't wait for your entry mate! By the way, I love your signature
    Paradoxba- yes. You must.... We'll come and find you one night if you don't hehe This is official byllying people into doing artBut it's all for a good cause. We promise to give 2% of our income from this to children in Africa.
    But since there will be no income.....We'll give blood instead.

Not literally though.

Thanks
    Matthew-
    In this very section of the forums is a thread called "post your zombies" (AKA bring out yer dead). You probably need to adjust your cut-off date for thread display to see it listed. Maybe nobody has posted in it for a while.

Thanks
    Or you can chuck your zombies in here in one of next rounds lol Nothing beats a good old zombie.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast