nightmare of the week part 1

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Grim Reaper is offline I stared into the void last night,best dream I ever had
    Thanks

nightmare of the week part 1

Nightmare Of The Week Activity

Introduction:
    Me and Manny strangely got the idea at the same time. I think it was Tuesday...but it could've been Monday.
    I think it's that weird brother thing. Separated by few thousands of miles of roads. towns and fields, and all the other crap you can find in between, we simultaneously thought of this new activity... and then decided to give it a go.
    Obviously the succes of this little project depends on people participating...
    So-all you horror lovers out there find few moments of your time to post your entries here and m a y b e one day this activity will stand next to COW, 3CH, CHOW and EOW. Even if you don't participate please spread the word around so we can get new recruits.

One more thing- your artwork doesn't have to be top-notch. Of course it would be ideal if you put 100% of your skills in it....but it's equally important to have a great idea and share it with others, to express yourselves in your own original and unique ways.

This piece of space is dedicated to those who like creepiness, to those who like to scare and to be scared. It might be a total failure, sure, but it can also be a chance to create something new...so help us out here and DRAW!

P.S. Me and Manuel Calavera are both gonna be hosts of this activity, answer all the questions and hopefully organize the poll. For the first topic we'll give it 2 weeks and see how it goes.

I will just remind that the topic is on top of the page.

Last edited by Grim Reaper; June 14th, 2007 at 07:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Sorry will post a description soon but i thought i would try n get the ball rolling maybe ? ;o

Thanks
    Now Razorb, this is superb! Wonderful start of this activity. Love the colours and the idea of a stitched up belly,,, Please pop in later with a description that would explain events in a dream.

I've been told to lead by giving example...so here's mine.

" I was about 7 years old when I had it... In my dream my mother was reading a book to me. Then-all of a sudden she started swelling up and change into that disgusting enormous thing that threw up on my bed with sticky radioactive green vomit... Then-obviously- I woke up."

Last edited by Grim Reaper; June 15th, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks
    fun topic although nightmares are not always gory, bloody or even involve barfing. and the surreal quality of them ...should be addressed. Horror can be waaay more subtle.
    I don't think this has the potential to be a weekly. but lets see. what happens, feell free to hollar at me boyz if you need tech help with polls etc

chaos

To see the world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

Sketch book

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...ight=chaos%27s

Thanks
    Thanks Chaos, your patronage over this activity will be most apreciated.
    Sure horror can be more subtle. Sure there is no need for barfing... But this is just one of the faces of horror. Violence in art is reasonably easy but can be fun. Deeper subtle side of it is more difficult to achieve but can teach us things about ourselves we had no idea about... Well, you choose which you wanna go for. I love gory films like Dawn Of The Dead but in the same time I'm inspired by Hitchcock's stories which could be no less frightening...
    Oh, and I'm waiting for your entry Chaos!

Thanks
    Hey, this sounds great - count me in. Hopefully this will gain popularity, although it may be a little 'niche' to gain a large following. Mr Reaper, you get extra kudos for mentioning Dawn of the Dead, which is probably my favourite film. I've seen it countless times. Perhaps a zombie-themed topic may be suitable for the future? Anyway, I'll be sure to submit something within the next two weeks.

Thanks
    Love this activity idea, although I'm with Chaos in injecting different varieties of horror along with the wild fun of Buckets o' Gore. Will definitely be participating in future competitions; other work prevents me from hitting this week's. Stick around, guys!

Thanks

Thanks
    Will try to post something from me asap! Very cool idea for thread!

As my artist's statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
    - Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes cartoon strip

Thanks
    Its so awesome to have this activity,i must participate.

Thanks
    Matthew Campbell- zombie themed topic is a "must". Thanks for believing in this Mr Campbell. We'll do our best to popularize this activity and will come up with the darkest and most gruesome topics. I've only seen Dawn Of The Dead twice... but I cried in enjoyment all the way through
    Bear Jr- will do. I just thought that straightforward gory brutal topics would be more catchy at first...But I'm all up for it! We'll think of all the different aspects of horror.
    Evil Sloth- well done. Like this attitude. Lets see your black depressing frightening dream Mr Sloth...
    MrozekArt- liczymy na ciebie kolego. Zbierz kogo sie da i rysujcie!Can't wait for your entry mate! By the way, I love your signature
    Paradoxba- yes. You must.... We'll come and find you one night if you don't hehe This is official byllying people into doing artBut it's all for a good cause. We promise to give 2% of our income from this to children in Africa.
    But since there will be no income.....We'll give blood instead.

Not literally though.

Thanks
    Matthew-
    In this very section of the forums is a thread called "post your zombies" (AKA bring out yer dead). You probably need to adjust your cut-off date for thread display to see it listed. Maybe nobody has posted in it for a while.

Thanks
    Or you can chuck your zombies in here in one of next rounds lol Nothing beats a good old zombie.

Thanks
    Great idea, i'm thinking of joining in but i might scare myself again....*begins to wheep*....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydal View Post
    Great idea, i'm thinking of joining in but i might scare myself again....*begins to wheep*....
    Again?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Again?
    long story...so i'll shorten it...i drew something for a certain subject...had to hide it away it scared me so much...then i got paranoid it was going to jump out and get me in some way...so i binned it...but that wasn't enough....so i shredded it and soaked it in water to make it into pulp which i then burned (well ok i didnt burn it but adds a cool touch to the tale .) ....
    get the drift? lol

Thanks
    Well Tydal, that just explains everything People get scared of strangest things... Jonathan Ross has just revealed in his interview with Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty that in the horror movie she made her character was scared of...apples. She bought a basket of apples at a bargain price and brought them home. But the apples started to grow....She binned them( like you did with the drawing)...but they returned. Soon afterwards her very husband turned into an apple because he ate one. And then all the other people in her town including police officers at her local police station where she was meaning to report this strange apple-madness...

Truly horror has many faces....
    I'll stay away from apples for the time being.

Thanks
    Man I could get soooo creative with this. In fact I hate watching horror movies because to me they really aren't that scary.. My imagination is ten times worst! .. I guess the closest thing would be like a silent hill type of creature.. that you never see but hear instead.

I wouldn't mind joining this I just need ample time, and lately I can never get that! but i'll pass by and check out what odd creations you crazy kids come up with! ;p
    good luck!

¡Que Viva El Concept Art Atelier!

[Website]

[Blog]

[ Sketchbook! (old) ]

Thanks
    hey what happened to my post, I cant see it..??
    where the hell did I post it...??
    anyways...heres a real nightmare I had a few days ago:
    In my dream I was sleeping and was awakened by a womans painful moaning and sorrowful cries, when I opened my eyes she was standing right by the bed-reaching out, trying to get me, but then I woke up and she was standing right beside the bed, I screamed and then I woke up, and she was standing right by the bed...I think you get the picture. I consider this the worst, not because of any gore or anything like that (as I've had dreams with plenty of that) but because in the whole dream I was constantly trying to wake up and upon achieving it, that woman was there and the line between reality and dream disappeared. At one point I think I saw that woman standing over me, but I cant be certain if it was a dream or reality.

Last edited by JL.Alfaro; June 18th, 2007 at 11:28 AM.
    J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    hey Grim, thanks for the topic man. I spoke to my therapist (yes Im crazy)about my constant nightmares, and he said that it would help me to draw them out or write about them. I've had nightmares that have made a professional therapist exclaim out loud "Jesus! , you dreamed that??" so this should be a very productive thread for me. ( you have officially been warned)
    -JL

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Icon- I'm counting on you anyway. Even if you can't find time to participate we can always use some critics form someone like you KarlaI had another look at your sb today and wooow!- some of the things you draw are just amazing!(My favourite is that LSD taking patient on page 5 I think).Well, I refuse to give up hoping that you post something here in the future

JLAlfaro- That's loooovely, you mad son of a.... Seriously it's very good and it's so your style. And your dream.... Not a pleasant one I have to say... You sure you don't live in Springwood mate? Somewhere near Elm Street to be precise?

Ok peeps. Keep 'em coming. So far it's going very good. Plenty of disturbing topics left to be announced soon....

Thanks
    now, how could i not enter, when my name is in the topic?

i'm in.

Thanks
    Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to finish this one. Was going to be the man I had been followed by. His identity always hidden by shadow. Run, and he will be just one step ahead. Standing my ground, I could no longer see him. Until he burst from the shadows to take hold of my arm. Time stopped as I looked into the dark abyss that stared back at me. Slowly, I felt myself being pulled in until the darkness finally took hold.

Thanks
    NightMare- good point. You get extra points for adequate nickname
    VirtualSurreality- Holy shit man, I love it to bits! I know I shouldn't get too excited and give you guys some negative opinions as well...but I just like it so much I really don't think it's necessery. Shame you didn't finish it, that's the only critics here. Also very nice description of a dream.

Well done
    Grim

Thanks

Thanks for the chance to share!

Sometimes my dreams are like scenes in a movie, other times they are swirls of abstract shapes and colors that may or may not coalesce into definable things. This one opened its mouth and I plummeted into total darkness, enveloped by the smell of freshly turned earth. Mortality?, or spicy food?

I must admit this is not my worst nightmare. Only the latest. My worst has already happened, and I've moved on. So I guess my ID is working on a new one.

Last edited by Mark Hershberger; June 23rd, 2007 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for particpating!
    So far the "3CH team" is doing well...

Time is 'till Thursday so get drawing!

Mark - the mouth of freshly turned earth... and these wicked eyes! They seem to be staring through me....
    Grim

Thanks
    awww...damn...I didn't read that this one had two weeks. I thought this one was done on thursday. I guess I still have some time to add some more to mine...lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualSurreality View Post
    awww...damn...I didn't read that this one had two weeks. I thought this one was done on thursday. I guess I still have some time to add some more to mine...lol

Please do!

Manuel_Calavera is offline And my ashes find a way beyond the fog And return to save the child that I forgot
    Thanks
    Hi, everyone.
    My first post here although I was mentioned as a second originator of this activity. I went on vacation shortly after inventing Nightmare of the Week and now when I’m back I can see my brother Grim did a great job here.
    I have an idea – modification of the rules in further Nightmares: make your entries as storyboard consisting of up to three pictures. Storyboarding is quite important part of concept artist job and this activity would be nice place to practice.
    What do you think?

I will post my entry soon – still have to finish some details.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
So what are you supposed to do next ?? Nightmare of the week #2 ... "The worst nightmare you never had " ....

I don't get the idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.