Art: A bunch of new photos
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: A bunch of new photos

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A bunch of new photos

It has been too long since I posted here last time, so I decided to do something about it, and post some of my latest work. Looking forward to hear your reactions.

what do you think?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that last one is stunning!
    how did you get that effect?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you

oh, it was quite a process really... But I think the secret is channel mixing! I never tried it before, and ended up with a result I am really happy with. By adding green to the blues, and decreasing the blues, the image suddenly came to life. Another important thing, is the fact that I lowered the lightning significantly in the sky, while increasing it in the ground - almost as though it was a HDR image.

Then I desaturated it a bit, and put some brown into the ground with "color balance"... then added some vignetting, and finally some texture in the background with a picture of a blackboard.

I have (obviously?) also added the contrast a whole lot, btw. I hope that helped.

How do you like my other photos?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work again!
    Its all very sharp and clean. There are some things that i noticed that I think could be improved.

I think maybe the water splashes could have a more centered composition, because there so symmetric. And the one with the man lying on the street could be less centered perhaps, I want his shadow in the picture.
    The comp is not quite working in 8. His arm is cut of and there is too much space to the right.
    I really like 11 and 12, great work there. I like the tonalities in your pictures.
    Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Morbid; June 19th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very clean work, esp the 1st 2. The last pic's mood is fantastic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mark4copy.jpg > very very nice processing work here, very nice, im off to play with photoshop. some nice strong work here. keep them comming

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *groan

I adore that last landscape shot. I also find the dropped object in that water bowl or what it is nice, but that landscape...

May I try and paint it (and post it to forums, provided the result does not totally suck) if I refer back to you as the provider of the ref?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man... I really dig the image with the mathematics teacher, and here's why:

I like the "lines" thing going on... The grid paper, his shirt, the space between desks, the blacker objects to the left and right of his shoulders.

I like the fact that, even though no faces are visible, you immediately understand what is going on here. You immediately know it's a teacher and student. And I love the fact that their shirt styles match the "student/teacher" scenario perfectly.

My favorite part... the fact that the angle he is explaining almost perfectly matches the angled relationship of the two papers on the desk.

That is a really great photo. Says it's story VERY clearly while throwing the "rules" of photography (probably being taught right down the hall) completely out the window.

Please check out my photography gallery online at http://www.brettbradford.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's been a nice critique to read, Brett, as it pointed out a photo I kind of overlooked on the first go.

It's got some great storytelling, indeed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Everything to say (and more) has mostly been said. As for the 'and more' Brett is an awesome addition to this forum. If he keeps this up he may even get hugses.

Here's just a little addition for you all. Look at number 2 and forget that water exists, just react to what you see. It's like a band of light being stretched and scattered by the tennis ball. Okay, I know that's what it looks like already, but when you ignore water then it seems to feel different - better - for some reason... damn that sentimentality in art!

How does the last one look with the clouds horizontal? I'm having trouble imagining it, I think I need to get an early night.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am very busy atm, but I have finally got a little time on my hand now to reply.

I feel really flattered by how much you seem to like my work Thank you very much everybody, and thanks for the crits - I will try and keep some of the things in mind in the future. And I will try to update my thread a little more often with more of my work.

#Mr. Mu
    Of course you may try and paint it! I would love to see the result

Here is another photo I just took:

I am not sure if I overdid the post-processing here - let me hear what you think

And finally some landscape shots:

I know they are neither technically nor artisticly very difficult to take, but I just thought the sky looked so nice, nonetheless

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ok, tell me how the hell you did that, _MG_8134.jpg i need to know.....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOL,

I was about to ask a similar thing... easy to take, eh? That killed me...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice update.

I'm not a big fan of the texture work, so I'm gonna skip over those.

_MG_8131.jpg: I love the dynamics and color of the sky, but I think the grass kinda ruins the dynamics. I think that maybe 1/3 crop off the bottom might let the dynamics of the sky fly a bit more.

_MG_8159.jpg: Very soothing colors and a nice composition. The only crit I have for this one is about the rocks peeking in at the bottom. Try cropping them out and see if you like it better.

I love the colors in this update. Overall, I think you may want to pay attention to overexposure in the clouds when you include the sun in your photo (i.e.: _MG_8144.jpg & _MG_8131.jpg).

Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have to agree with P-rose... not really into the texture thing. Not because of your execution of it, I just see A LOT of it anymore with a lot of bands/entertainment work I'm forced to do and I have grown pretty tired of it anymore. Just a personal thing. The 2nd cloud shot in your second set posted is an impressive shot though!

Rhynome - I am truly flattered. And as much as I like hugsies, I'd also be just as content with a quality microbrew. Or 5.

Please check out my photography gallery online at http://www.brettbradford.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    high quality once again, keep it up

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.