concepts would like to be reviewed =)

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

concepts would like to be reviewed =)

eheheh yeah i made these 2 concepts for a personal project...i think i'm not gonna use any of those cause i don't like them thought the whole process was made mostly to get used to the character design pipeline. So the goal of these 2 concepts was to get 2 ideas from thumbnail silouettes to sketched concets with a definite form, that can be asily read. Itried to go with just vaue but..i found it hard..mostly cause i'm not familiar with doing things digital...so i needed to break things up with colors first and then shade. The first one (left one) the marine was started shading with different color then i just realized that i could dodge/burn in photoshop to get a much faster and smother result...so the second one (right one) was done that was...but i must say that it looks boring...and just a 4years old kid monster with no depth or interest whatsoever....the other is better it gives me the feel of some miyazaki stuff uhm...at least to me ehehe it lacks of detail i guess and that's intended but i think it looks a bit confused too...but at this point i don't know if it's ok or not...again these are meant to be sketches from with to pick something to actually use and bring to a finished level..don't know...i'd like some thoughts on it...critics and comments..also on the colring methodswould be really appreciated!!
    thanks for reading thorught this anyway hehe =)
    !!

edit: the2 flying things near them are their sort of pets or fellows heheh

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.