Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks

A work in Progress

A WIP (work in progress) of a robot im working on in PS. Its far from done but to show im still drawing, drawing and drawing.

Comments and Crits very helpfull to make this piece better! Thx

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    A non-white background would be good, and do some studies of metallic surfaces.
    Keep it up, man!

Thanks
    Thanks Flaskpost, I really do need to do some metallic studies. This is one of them Just started trying out PS and still aint easy, but I did noticed that I use PS better each drawing( or maybe I want to believe that ).

Oh and about background, I do that at the end

Thanks
    Hey deja,
    thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. i just browsed through yours and some really unique stuff in there man, Good job. Although we can drawing anything from our mind but its to make it believeable is the trick. Try experimenting with the lighting effects on some of your characters. Or in Fact, try drawing some real life stuff, that should give you a boost on making things a little bit real inside your artwork. I would like to give more advice and comments but thats all i can think of at the moment, Best of luck man

"EVERY GOOD PAINTER PAINTS WHAT HE IS" Jackson Pollock

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    Thanks for visiting l0stinth0ughts I do agree on most of your points. Drawings need to look real, but almost all my painting are not real, so everyone already knows it does not excist. And about the lightning, ur so right on that one. Thats why Im gonna do some lightning effects on this robot.

But about drawing real life, ive done that a lot sum years ago. But now I just look up any muscle or pose I dont know which I need for my drawing. I dont want to change my style too much with all the anatomy bullcrap.

Art has no rules

Thanks
    hmm.... haha indeed. I look forward to your updates man.

"EVERY GOOD PAINTER PAINTS WHAT HE IS" Jackson Pollock

"I am obsessed with the process of creation" Zdzislaw Beksinski

Thanks
    PS gave error while I almost finished the whole robot!
    Well if you want update here it is (still WIP):

Thanks
    Youre drawings arent that bad either, really like the vampire in the first post. I think you should draw more hands and really dig in on what the hands can look like in different gestures. I think that would help you alot and with your imagination you would create pretty cool drawings. I mean hands are quite important to a character tells alot abot it. Should do more with them instead of just letting them hang by the side. GJ keep it up!

XaNverse is offline I named my artistic universe: XaNverse (..lame.. I know)
    Thanks
    I really like the drawings from the first two pages of your sketchbook. Interesting robot. "PS gave error while I almost finished the whole robot!" (just kidding). It's just awful what PS did to you . My advice is to save more often and to save different versions of the file. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Hey Nellin thanks for commenting, first off your very right about that the hands are important for the character, the thing is I dont know yet what im gonna do with his hands The body still is far from done... but a hand studie wouldnt hurt me I guess. Hand studies soon.

Thanks XaNverse, although it worries me a bit most people like my first drawings the most Looks like im not making any progress...

Then again ive did 1000 times much more on my bic pen than my wacom so maybe it will come on photoshop too sum day. Already learning alot more in colouring.

Thanks
    As promised: Fast Hand studie sketches

Thanks
    Not getting much comments on this sb hope it aint because of my drawings...

Fast sketchy on PS:

Thanks
    I think your drawings are looking good man, keep practicing that anatomy.

I agree with Flaskpost, you need to practice painting metallic surfaces, it would really help with your robot designs.

With your latest PS sketch, his bicep should be in front of his ribcage on the left there, otherwise cool design!

Keep at it!

Quinn

Thanks
    hey man,

nice sketchbook, for your drawings, they are pretty cool. really concentrate on geometric space. drawing cubes/cilinders appropriate in space is superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr important for everything you will ever draw.

don't concentrate on getting posts in your sketchbook. it's not important. its much more important that you draw a lot (if you wanna get good)
    what i mean is, first yourself should be happy about your own drawings. if other poeple will like it, then its a bonus.

i think this site offers great inspiration from other artists. another tip would be to build up a folder of favorite artists.

good luck!

Thanks
    Thanks Quinn. Hey your right! I didnt noticed that his bicep was wrong, I was pretty stoned. Ye metal is pretty hard, never done any studies but I will just keep trying making better robot, with better shading.

I do feel im improving in PS. Glad you liked it.

Thanks Gosu, you really right on the geometric space issue. Thats my biggest problem. I will keep on drawing till I die!

Here is one to prove Im still on it! 20 min sketchy

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast