Questions and more questions!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Heya folks. I'm starting at the local community college in a few months to knock out the most basic liberal arts courses and a few art histories. If all goes as planned, I'll be transferring to a good illustration program after a year here.

My main focus for now is will be building an awesome portfolio over the next few months, and applying as early as possible. Art Center would be my top choice based on what I've heard about the program. I'm also interested in RISD, CCAD, and SCAD. Does anyone have a fairly good idea of what quality of work is needed to be accepted at these schools? I know SCAD doesn't require a portfolio, but how about for scholarship consideration? Here are a few examples of some of my fairly recent work: (most of my finished pieces are too large to scan, and I don't have a digital camera).

My most recent stuff is in my sketchbook.

I don't actually plan to use any of these for my portfolio, which I'll be starting from scratch. Financial costs are another big issue for me - do any other schools give out as much scholarship money as SCAD? Any and all crits/info. would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you check out all the threads you'll get lots of information. It seems to me that people who get scholarships are still having to come up with at least $15,000 a year for tuition at the schools you mention. I am the Director of Max the Mutt Animation School in Toronto, which also offers a 3 year illustration diploma, and is in the process of introducing a 4 year concept art diploma. We were founded by artists and animators with a mandate to be available to talent.

We offer a very intensive, high quality education, small classes and affordable tuition. It's $9500 per year for US and international students. Take a look at our website, www.maxthemutt.com. We are working on establishing international scholarships.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.