They wont Accept me.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

They wont Accept me.

Ive been having troubles getting accepted into art college. Becuase I dont have the Right English 30 Requirements. Soo they just keep turning me down.

So today i wrote the guy. Threw my paintings at him. and said "LISTEN"

I aint no writer.. im sorry if my Language writing is not supberp. Im a painter. I hope these paintings can convince you enough that i want to learn.

With much respects
    Ryan

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    What sort of art would you like to do for a living? Would you like to do freelance work? You will need to be able to communicate clearly through written and verbal English with your art director, and you will need to be able to read and understand any texts that you are illustrating. Would you like to work for a company as a concept artist or other type of artist? You will need those written and verbal skills in order to effectively work with your team. Do you want to make a living selling originals? You will need to be able to write about your work and convince people to display and buy it through written and verbal English. In any English-speaking country, decent English skills are necessary to an artist.

You have a few options. One is to apply to different art schools. Another would be to put off art school for another year while you bring up those English skills on your own or through community college classes.

I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well.. Lets look at it this way.

I've worked for a game company. For 7 months.. but i grew tired of the project and people were not really contributing or excited about the project. So I quit there and returned home in the rural valley. But the City I was working at, the Boss was actually a teacher at the college. And they Hired me the first day I walked in there and showed of my portfolio. So in other words.. I applied to the college way long before I moved to the city to find work there. So literally. The college refused me then, but at the same time a year after i was hired for there company... She once said to me before i walked into the studio that "We need someone who is hard work and is passionate about there work, and they she was thanking me". But working for a team that did not, Had a bad game on there hands, with actually no story involved. A first person shooter/sell buy commodities. Was not a big thing for me. And actually the title was horrendious too. "Space Traders". So it was my first time there.. i learned a whole lot of expirence. I learned the fundamentals of Maya, i was introduced to photoshop, and Radient map building. As i was there i did improve there game tremendously. providing well over 300 concepts. But as it was i was more intrested in the first person shooter, role playing... multiplayer maps. Etc etc.. Anyway, there lack of vision for a great video game wasnt there. so i did end up leaving.

I do not think that a person needs great writing to be an aritst. I think he needs to be a great artists-
    During my years in highschool where no "Creativity was to be found, no classes available." i found my own means of constructing within boundries of creativity. I was the first in 10 years to actually use the Welding tools in shop class, and i went ahead and constructed a giant metal warrior, even my shop teacher was impressed and offered me money for it.

But in the end, i put the artwork ahead of the core subjects which i should have applied myself more to. Language reading mc beth did not intrest me, and actually a waste of valuable time. On another not, i failed mysterable in Math class... I just didnt know why i should know how to multiply subtract numbers and words.

But, in the end i got what i deserved. And now i pretty much demanded to the college that i be accepted, Regardless of my writing skills. I am there to learn art, not writing. And i will contribute nothing but my best. As i do everyday of my life. Everyday ive painted or drawn since i began when i was 17. I tapped into my creative side.. Just around the time when i gave up building fortress's and bunkers out in the fields of my home. lulz. (Paintball)

anyway... My efforts towards my artwork is in prestege conditions. and i hold valuable knowledge and i am extremly intellegent. I have big dreams which consist of mechanical work as well... like the idea of walking machines.. or the idea of boyant vehicles which would be able to fly, without the use of a fuel economy. All of my dreams and efforts will actually contribute to human development. Some people have to sacrifice in order to achieve greater things in life. And i hope when i do reach a age in my life that i can look back at great accomplishments and have the people cheering on my side. I am talking about totalitarian Victory.

My ethics in life, my ideals.. my contributions... all lead up to a greater good, a greater god i should say. I am assigned by my ogreatful spirite of god, to do his bidding. When i see an insect on its back.. i help him. when i see a bee Staggering.. i help that bee. When i see a butterfly drowning in the water.. i save that butterfly.

I SAY LET LIFE LIVE!!!! WHEN I SEE A FLOCK OF GEESE, I YELL OUT!!! "GOO GET EM!!!" "FLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIE" In there hearts they heard me, and they knew exactly what i meant". They will flap there wings for miles and miles to come.

I beleive in god with all my greatest intentions. Nothing is more superior nothing is more valid. I have even Cursed down Militants. I have done all sorts of things. You have never SEEN A GREATERRRRR MANNNNNNNNNNN

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also. I WILL BE THE FINNEST ARTIST TO COME.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And I Am Also The Prophet Of Nostradamous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathelmm View Post
    Ive been having troubles getting accepted into art college. Becuase I dont have the Right English 30 Requirements. Soo they just keep turning me down.
    Ryan
    Maybe it's not the English but the prophet of Nostradamus and greatest artist part that has them turning you away.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is extremly true. Craig D.
    And on a second note, i dont want to work on a Video game again.. where it involves killing humans. "If it were maybe Killing Roboticas" Im all in for that. Killing machins is way better. But i enjoy multiplayer, taking out fellow friends. As long as i am dueling my oponents and i fight well. then we both know that the match was a good match and frienship and respects and... the brotherhood i suppose has been banded.

My favorite game would have to be Tribes 1. i cannot simply cannot find a more versitile athletic sport. And most of the time people are really smooth and neat. and if you download the free copy of the game, you can only play certain version of it. So when you actually play on the limited servers you play against people you regularly play with. Either way im usually first when i play on the servers for my impecable ability to skee on maps and snipe peoplez in mid air combat or taking on larger oponnets. theres always those amazing features which drives me absolutly nuts flying around gaining speed taking out heavies on the battlefield. Its kinda like im a bird, flying around. Everyone is a Bird Dog. Lulz. But like.. when you see someone really good enter the battle field. Then the battle quickly changes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    u Can definently "UNLEASH"
    And go fucking flying
    although and older game.. 1997 when it came out i beleive. STILL one of the top games in my favorites.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 259 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If you donít get your writing skills up, Deathelmm, you are going to have a mighty tough time getting hired anywhere, because right now you donít seem capable of writing even a resume and cover letter.

In addition, youíre 22 but you are still acting like a 16-year-old. You need to have the attitude of an adult. When you are rejected, that means you accept your failings, work hard to fix those failings, and then you try applying again. Donít make excuses or get distracted by games or ideals or other irrelevant things.

Last edited by Seedling; June 5th, 2007 at 12:40 PM.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would not hire you based on your aggressive manner and poor communication skills.

Good and bad art schools are turning out thousands upon thousands of 'artists' every year. Many of them are well trained and good artists (it takes decades to become great). The market is swamped. You really have to be extraordinary to even survive.

I have worked for advertising agencies for many years, doing packaging art, movie posters, you name it. Most of my work was national and came from NY. Good presentation skills are paramount whether they are written or put in a portfolio.

As one gallery owner put it, "there are so many talented artists out there, I don't have to deal with the unpleasant ones".

To wit-grow up!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon Knettell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Coff. Lulz.
    Yesszzz i knowz wutsz u meanz thar. Heheheheeeee.

Oui. I remember the long winter living outside... in a broke down van. hehehe. I was doing a bunch of canvas paintings at a Creative arts centre. The building itself was big lots of room. And i had the privalage of being there alot and getting to know some fellow artists in the surrounding city.

One gentlemen came into the place for a curling championships in the city. He came to the creative arts centre to have coffee and luch becuase thre was a cafe there.

The man came in. and noticed my paitnings on the wall.. i was not there that day for i was getting hired for a job interview.
    So, the next day he came in to see my. personally greet me and compliment my works. He asked for my phone number and evarything.
    Sooz. anyways.. this guy was a New York art representative of Canadian artists.. He asked for my number I was sad to inform him that i did not have a phone :3
    so i did not leave him in any way contact information. but the way he was looking at me "He seemed to be certain of".

and above anything. i rather be stupid and fucked up and poor more than anything. I value more in life

Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Majoring in arts didn't teach me how to draw or paint.

It taught me how to bullshit.
    When done properly is a skill commendable all it's own.

For anyone can pick up a stick and splatter paint, but articulating a concept on the top of your feet at a critique and eloquently regaling the audience with your process of passion that drives your work, that is priceless.

Also, Bob Ross called from the grave, he wants his fanbrush back for your pine trees.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For some reason the painting in the middle on the left looks like one by Hitler. Maybe I'm just imagining it, but I'll try and find the one I mean.

As for bullshit, I can imagine Grief is pretty correct on that front. Though I'm not a master of art-bullshit... though I have seen a good art dealer sell rubbish to rich people, man that was a master at work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WEll.. I do get easily inspired by other artists. Thus mimiking them. It was inspired by a little bit of hitler. his paintings aer beautiful none the less. Different, but still beautiful. And alot of Van gogh as well at the time. And... wuts that womans name.. a Canadian femal artist..Im loosing my mind i forgot her name. Car.. Cara.. Ca.. something... BLAGH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh yea and Picasso i read the book about him, Quiet a funny dude. Throwing plate out window Ranting and raving at supper time in front of people. Having them all settle down later and Picasso as a true gentlemen refinning himself and politly speaking nicely to everyone. Hahahaha that gui is a riot

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i never liked bob ross tho. he uses the brushs as the tool tool. I like to use the brush as the tool. not a tool tool. you know wut i mean. i dont use a fan brush to make trees. i use the brush to make trees. more inspired than the monet impressionism but monet did it with ease.

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,667 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathelmm View Post
    WEll.. I do get easily inspired by other artists. Thus mimiking them. It was inspired by a little bit of hitler. his paintings aer beautiful none the less. Different, but still beautiful. And alot of Van gogh as well at the time. And... wuts that womans name.. a Canadian femal artist..Im loosing my mind i forgot her name. Car.. Cara.. Ca.. something... BLAGH.
    tic tic tic...

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh yea. EMILEY CARRRR

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If you leave a reply here, he will have a conversation with himself again.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dont make me do it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fuck it. Lets do it.

No u!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh Fuck You Alrite!!!! Fuck You Dude.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YOUUOUOUOU. STFU UP UIP BEFORE I FUCKING ZKILLZ YOU!
    PHP Code:
    dafsdfaf 
    aafadsdff
    ui fucking hate you so much. you drive me completly fucking sane insane i hatechu for good now. kthx byw. also "YOUR FAT"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wasp

HAY ATLEAST YOUR RIGHT BAOUT THAT
    WUT ABOUT YOU AND THAT UGLY FUCKIGN FACE OF YOURSE WHY DONT YOU JUUSUTS ST.

kill..

yourself.

Ya thats whut you should really do, Thats what they all want you to do. JUST BE GFONE NO ONE NOTE ONE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I will have to kill you.l f you do not shut up this Instance.
    You cant even fucking do shit you too fucking stupid. stupid aight yo stupid as shit mankeymankeymankeymankeymankeymankey pie.
    You think your kewl wearing that smelly jacket everyday for nearly 2 days wearing ur hood on all time. Not saying a word or nothing. Someone says Hi. Wut do you say. Wut do you Say. I know EXACTLY WUT YOU SAY.

When a PRETTY WOMAN LOOKS AT YOU. ALL YOU WANT TO SAY IS, HI LETS FUCK SHALL WE. LETS FUCK. THATS ALL YOU REALLY WANT . IS LOVE AND SEX AND JUST TO USE ME. UHUHHU!@ YOU UGLY STUPID BITCH DONT EVEN LOOK AT ME. dont fuckin gg SMILE AT ME, NOTHING IS ALRITE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well' maybe you should control yourself appropriately and use Proper Grammer and Vocabulary.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    why. so i can be LAME. and do exactly wut they all expect me to. I DONT EXPECT YOU TO EXPECT ME.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    IF it were my way. And if this was actually a FREE FUCKING WORLD I WOULDNT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS SHIT. I WOULDNT HAVE TO DEAL WITHJ EVERYONES SHIT. INFACT I WOULD MIND MY OWN BUISNESSS. Grow MY CROPS. BUILD MY LITTLE LOG CABIN, MAYBE GO HUNTING FOR SOME FUCJKING BEARS OR SOMETHIGN FOR A CHANGE< THIS MODERN WORLD IS FUCKING EVEROYONES IS LIEK

OKAY TYME TO PAY THE TAXES SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN SUPPLY ITS ARMIES.
    SO THAT PEOPLE ARE ALSWAYS SELDKFAJKDASDFJOfasdjofsdjofa FUCKING STUOPIDID AND YOU KNOW WHAT. FUCK YOU.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You knwo what deathelm. No fuck you. You dont want to enjoy the simple leasures in life like fancing yourself with a computer, and having vehicles. and . Wearing jeans and shoes. No. You dont appreciate the modern world or life. You dont want to be on the governments side when he decideds to send MILLIONS AND MILLIONS TO THERE FUCKING GRAVES. No, you rather prevent war. you rather try and lift the souls of people to freedom, Well guess what. Step outside of your LALA land becuase NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. THEY RATHER SEE YOU FUCKIGN DIE IN ABOTTOM LESSS PIT

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I Fucking Hate You!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.